Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hydraulic roof system failed

Dutchyankee

Well our 2nd hydraulic cylinder failed as I expected it to. So the access door along with the funnel with silicone hose needed to be put to use. I need to fill it every day to keep it working and keep the roof down.
Now I have the part number of the cylinder (from the €2K bill from MB which was mostly labor cost) and will order it and replace it myself when we get home (currently in the Dolomites)
I made a “dam” in the rear to stop the fluid from running down the back of the bus and on the ground. I use a small handheld suction pump to collect the “still clean” fluid so not to make a chemical waste mess. Always have reserve fluid with me.
I’ll post an update when I’m done.

Dutchyankee

Hello! How did you remove the whole panel? I have the same problem in Italy :D :/(
Difficult but started from the rear ( where I found all the tools needed to change a flat) but you can just cut a hole around the hole were the manual pressure release valve is. I can send another picture if you need one.

SimoneCarrer

Difficult but started from the rear ( where I found all the tools needed to change a flat) but you can just cut a hole around the hole were the manual pressure release valve is. I can send another picture if you need one.
It would be nice, cause i have the same problem! And enjoy Dolomites! It is where i live, in Bolzano!
but now i’m in Puglia with the van :)

Dutchyankee

Here are a couple of pictures. By the way. Be real careful not to drop the brass plug from the reservoir take. It’s a pressure seal. Always put a rag to stop it from falling to the bottomless pit below. The last time I didn’t and it’s gone so I had to “Mcgiver” one from some materials I had. The ducktape is a temporary fix till I get home.
It would be nice, cause i have the same problem! And enjoy Dolomites! It is where i live, in Bolzano!
but now i’m in Puglia with the van :)
we are at the Zoldo Valley Ski Area with the bus! The right cylinder is now leaking fluid every time we move the roof up & down but I can easily top it up so it closed completely.
I knew this would eventually fail for this 29 year old bus here is a picture of where I cut an ez access opening
1719213988713.png1719213988713.png