Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eberspacher d2 upcoming install

No it's a bird's eye view from above the seat box and as you look at the photo the left side is the driver s side and right is passenger and it's the plate used for fitting inside the van I believe this to be the best position of the plate and encountered no problems with this position but you will need a 90 degree hood cost 20 pounds
As for the timer it's not essential as it literally warms up in 90 seconds the only time it may be useful is if you want to set it for and hour in the night or something but I'm going to set it at a temp and leave it over night and a timer can be added in minutes later if need be anyway I proceed without if I did it again I hope this helps you out

If you look a bit closer you can see where I cut the carpet out it requires cutting on the drivers side only as it just pulls out on the other if that makes sense

Last edited:

caMPike

Eberspacher Airtronic S2 installed practicly same way as Steven rhodes. Space under seat is very tight and doesnt allow to make two-vents instalation. I put standard MB cover behind seat (part no. A 447 910 93 00 9051) and cut hole 70mm for hot air flow towards cabin. The hole is just at floor level. It is easy to connect 60mm eberspacher hose to heater through that hole. To get hot air into upper bedroom it will require some time of experiments, going to start with simple Y part mounted with collapsible hose for hot air. Considering Eberspacher Y part with regulation as upper airstream is very sensitive on regulation of bottom flow.

caMPike

Some pictures of my instalation. The white sock at exhaust pipe is Eberspacher isolation. Final vent not ready yet.

Attachments

• Eber1.jpg
    Eber1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Eber2.jpg
    Eber2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Eber3.jpg
    Eber3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Eber4.jpg
    Eber4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Eber5.jpg
    Eber5.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Eber7.jpg
    Eber7.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Eber10.jpg
    Eber10.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Eber8.jpg
    Eber8.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Eber11.jpg
    Eber11.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 80
  • Eber12.jpg
    Eber12.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 77

Method7

Wow thank you for those, that all looks very close to the plastic tanks. It would be very interesting to see some photos of a factory fit.

Once you've had a chance to run it up, be worth checking how hot the outside of the heatwrap gets.

Did you have to sort out a fuel feed for your install? If so, was that simple enough ?

Cheers :)

caMPike

instalation done in Eberspacher authorized service so I believe they know what to do. It depends how skillfull and brave are you for DYI... not me definately especially when I saw fuel tank disconnected from chassis in middle of process. Good idea with temperature check, the whole area is covered by plastic body so don´t know how easy get there under with temperature sensor.
MB factory fit is slightly different, exhaust pipe is very short, silencer and outlet stays just under heater on left side of car, don´t know exactly how it gets through plastic body... an interesting story shortly

Carol

Hello.
I understand the adblue tank is smaller with factory fit heater, so maybe less plastic close by

Looks good that,with regards to temperature if it helps I ran mine flat out for an hour and checked the tank temp at it closest point and it was warm but definetly not hot and just for good measure i wrapped the fuel lines closest to the exhaust in a heat proof Matt used by me as a plumber and they let virtually no heat out so I'm not concerned about mine , where have you mounted your timer/controller ?

caMPike

Looks good that,with regards to temperature if it helps I ran mine flat out for an hour and checked the tank temp at it closest point and it was warm but definetly not hot and just for good measure i wrapped the fuel lines closest to the exhaust in a heat proof Matt used by me as a plumber and they let virtually no heat out so I'm not concerned about mine , where have you mounted your timer/controller ?
timer temporaly, waitting for brackets for flush mounting at same place

Attachments

• MPAebercontrol.jpg
    MPAebercontrol.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 57

Simon C

Hi
I have a 2018 Marco Polo that was not fitted with Aux Hot water heater or Air Heater. I'm having a Eberspacher air Heater retro fitted next week by a company called Jacks Shack based in Leicestershire . I have some options as to where to fit the unit (Under the passenger seat, externally under the floor)

The threads from caMPIKE and Steven rhodes are a couple of years old now, but just wanted to check where caMPIKE/Steven and other folks have have had the air heater retrofitted under the passenger seat in their Marco Polo, and if over time anyone has any lessons learnt /views /"I wish I had" - type views over time based on their your experiences ?
many thanks

caMPike

Hi
I have a 2018 Marco Polo that was not fitted with Aux Hot water heater or Air Heater. I'm having a Eberspacher air Heater retro fitted next week by a company called Jacks Shack based in Leicestershire . I have some options as to where to fit the unit (Under the passenger seat, externally under the floor)

The threads from caMPIKE and Steven rhodes are a couple of years old now, but just wanted to check where caMPIKE/Steven and other folks have have had the air heater retrofitted under the passenger seat in their Marco Polo, and if over time anyone has any lessons learnt /views /"I wish I had" - type views over time based on their your experiences ?
many thanks
Hi Simon,
my Eberspacher air heater is located under left seat (we drive at righ hand side so it is driver seat) just next to leisure battery. Air inlet hole is made on side under that seat from space between driver and passanger seat, hot air outlet is from behind towards second row, with splitter where I can connect hot air hose to blow some hot air directly to upper bed, all worked well in -24C. Generaly satisfied with my set up, wouldn’t change anything on that after almost 4 years experiences. Eberspacher with Easyweb control is great for remote use.

Simon C

Thanks for the quick reply, yes my vehicle is UK right hand drive where Passenger seat is on the left along with the leisure battery.

So I'm assuming that the air inlet was just been mounted into the existing plastic panel that covers the side of the seat box in the space between to the two front seats?

Did you purchase the Mercedes panel to mount the outlet(s) into at the rear of the seat box - (i understand this is a replica of the one at the rear of right hand side seat (Drivers seat in my case) Do you have any pics of the final install ?
Thanks

caMPike

Thanks for the quick reply, yes my vehicle is UK right hand drive where Passenger seat is on the left along with the leisure battery.

So I'm assuming that the air inlet was just been mounted into the existing plastic panel that covers the side of the seat box in the space between to the two front seats?

Did you purchase the Mercedes panel to mount the outlet(s) into at the rear of the seat box - (i understand this is a replica of the one at the rear of right hand side seat (Drivers seat in my case) Do you have any pics of the final install ?
Thanks
See my previous posts from 05+08APR 2019 with pictures during installing
inlet is just simple hole in seat box, picture attached
yes I bought MB panel for outlet, part ref.nubere in my previous post from 2019
outlet splitter: using Eberspacher ”T” pipe, picture attached, hard to get better detail as there is mounted kitchen box behind that seat, black alu pipe flows into cabin, grey hose flows up

Attachments

• C5B7CD66-5438-4C0F-BC77-80C6F5BC072D.jpeg
    C5B7CD66-5438-4C0F-BC77-80C6F5BC072D.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 89F8CFAF-539C-4078-B264-5291034FFF90.jpeg
    89F8CFAF-539C-4078-B264-5291034FFF90.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 20

Simon C

See my previous posts from 05+08APR 2019 with pictures during installing
inlet is just simple hole in seat box, picture attached
yes I bought MB panel for outlet, part ref.nubere in my previous post from 2019
outlet splitter: using Eberspacher ”T” pipe, picture attached, hard to get better detail as there is mounted kitchen box behind that seat, black alu pipe flows into cabin, grey hose flows up
Thanks appreciate your help.