Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Update of 2019 mp command NAV sw

J

j200george

VIP Member
I’m sure I’ve seen it on here but struggling or some reason. Has anyone actually updated their command sat nav. It’s a 2019 v250 Marco polo and the routes are laughably out of date.

of course I can use my google maps feature and Bluetooth so that the spoken instructions are audible in car but what’s involved in updating the in car software?

Is it

a) a disc purchased for a ridiculous amount of money from a Mercedes mail dealer where you can update the system yourself?

b) is it a workshop visit to MB and they charge you eyewateringly high costs for Labour and the software install?

c) merc indy ?

The Mercedes Me app quotes £12.50 per month to keep you updated and include traffic updates on your route planner.

The Mercedes Me app quotes £12.50 per month to keep you updated and include traffic updates on your route planner.
@TheDon What year of MP do you have?

I think on my 2019 the software is in the hard drive.

Mine is 2017. I haven’t gone for their ‘deal’ as £150 is too much especially as I can use my phone map for free.
The Mercedes Me app is quite good if you haven’t already loaded.
You can see remotely if your vehicle is locked, tyre pressures, fuel status. Unusually for Mercedes it’s free! But you can pay to upgrade.

Mine is 2017. I haven’t gone for their ‘deal’ as £150 is too much especially as I can use my phone map for free.
The Mercedes Me app is quite good if you haven’t already loaded.
You can see remotely if your vehicle is locked, tyre pressures, fuel status. Unusually for Mercedes it’s free! But you can pay to upgrade.
And how does the map update on the car from the Mercedes me app?

Thanks. Not so sure that is correct. I believe you have to get discs or it has to go to MB a to the workshop on older cars.

just looking for someone that’s gone down this route to see if it’s worth it. Let’s face it if it’s discs there’s a fair chance that the discs are also out of date.

Thanks. Not so sure that is correct. I believe you have to get discs or it has to go to MB a to the workshop on older cars.

just looking for someone that’s gone down this route to see if it’s worth it. Let’s face it if it’s discs there’s a fair chance that the discs are also out of date.
J, no, I had to go to the expense of a new command unit last month- (long story) but when the maps were loaded (non traffic etc) I linked mt MercedesMe back and its all reconnected as 'live' with traffic and alternative routes.. I paid off the year of updates. Worth it I think. And it is remotely done

Remember that pre 2019 'mercedes me' connection is 3G and no longer works after December this year. I was told by MB you can still update the maps (assume disc after December) and have traffic/route subscription (not sure how this works without 3G?), but thats it. I'm going to put apple car play in, not paying for merc me and the map stuff will cover some of the cost.

Comand online want to sell me this disc set but at £200 it seems a bit pricey.

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/eu-map-and-media-ntg5.html

I’m really confused by the talk above of Mercedes me, I have the app. I used to have free access. I don’t pay for access but I can still use the app and still see the vehicle location, status and detail like the tyre pressure etc.

Don’t see how this updates the onboard navigation system in any way. There is a section in the app for over the air updates but it, as below says all is up to date.
IMG_6980.png

I see a SD a card slot on my car. Is this what is used to load the update? Ignore the dust please

IMG_6981.jpeg

I've just re-read the email from Merc me, it says that the 3G network is no longer available after December, and the car will switch to 2G. This will allow traffic alerts still to work and emergency assist button. I've asked what the cost of the traffic alert is and its £125 per annum, I also asked about the map update and was referred to the dealer network - which I've not progressed as its bound to be very expensive. Add this to the lack of DAB and I'm definitely getting carplay put in next year.

I think CarPlay is most likely the best way ahead. I listen to LBC and that’s only available on Dab where I am (even so I listen to a lot of pod casts so my default is via Bluetooth and my phone).

Comand (Europe) Ltd t/a Unique Car Sound & Security , 58 Guildford Rd, Lightwater, Surrey, GU18 5SD. 01276 474900

Save you loads of time and get the correct option for your needs - Im going to go Car Play by them when I can afford too!
Good luck...

What is the cost roughly for CarPlay?

You might need to confirm with command (Europe) but I think about £800?

You might need to confirm with command (Europe) but I think about £800?
Gosh that’s a spicy meatball. Don’t think I can justify that cost. I’ll probably just keep bluetoothing in and using my iphone for spoken directions, Spotify, DAB and podcasts.

Once you've got it thats it for costs, it is a constant stream of payments to MB for map updates, traffic alerts with (and if you could) the continuation of the 'me' connection. Would rather have continued as is but the savings make it feel a bit better. Its all personal choice and where you put your cash!

Back