Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service A Service B

J

j200george

VIP Member
Hi all, I’ve a 2019 v250 with about 20,400 miles done. My service B alert recently popped up.

Did Mercedes drop the service a/ b regime? Last year I’m fairly sure my Indy said those were a thing of the past, not sure if that was true or not.

The services are time and distance aren’t they? Don’t think I’ve done 6000 miles since the last service but I can’t recall the details.

I got the MP in 2021 with only 6k on the clock. It’s not had any MB servicing, the first owner electing to go to independents and having had less than an optimum experience with them in the past also followed on down this path.

The car doesn’t want for anything, best tyres, brakes etc and is always serviced using MB parts etc.

Is the indy talking nonsense? I’d also be interested in what costs you encountered for your servicing.

The A/B regime is still current - with low mileage it's 2 years between each. The B Has a gearbox service (possibly only the 1st B) which I think is a good idea but have not yet checked what ZF actually recommend.

Mine is going in for the 1st service next week and with brake fluid (again a 2 year item) it's about £260 with a Merc Commercial Dealer. The B service is a bit more (£750 ish) with over half being for the gearbox.

Any help?

Oh god. £750 wasn’t expecting that one.

I'm sure an independent would be cheaper...! I'd look for one that has access to the Mercedes service system.
Have a look on MBClub.com or Mercedes Club for recommendations

Yeh mine does have full access to the merc system. It’s booked in later this month. Doesn’t think that the gearbox service is due but we will know more later.

Yeh mine does have full access to the merc system. It’s booked in later this month. Doesn’t think that the gearbox service is due but we will know more later.
The gearbox oil is at year 5 bizarrely .
As others have said .. a/B are at 2 yearly intervals … so you can budget and get the gear box done separate. Biggest issue … tyres
Make sure you pump them right up .. 48/45 f/r
They run heavy and scrape the tyes less than full !
Lesson learnt for me

The gearbox oil is at year 5 bizarrely .
As others have said .. a/B are at 2 yearly intervals … so you can budget and get the gear box done separate. Biggest issue … tyres
Make sure you pump them right up .. 48/45 f/r
They run heavy and scrape the tyes less than full !
Lesson learnt for me
What size are your tyres ,has I understand the AMG run with lower pressure , starting to notice wear on edge s on front
Cheers

There is a few threads on tyre pressures. I have 19 inch AMG and run at 45 psi, which is high but my second set ran about 20% longer that the originals and current set looking OK. My first set were bald on the front/inside and despite looking I didn't notice!

Back