Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New roof

Lizziekenn

If anyone has had a new roof could you tell us how long it took,just been told by Mercedes it will take a month

This is our third time first was a respray ,second time was supposed to have had a new roof it took two weeks now a month for a third time,I’m thinking they didn’t do a new roof the second time ,hedin automotive Mercedes dartford

Once the part is in it takes no more than 4 days work, IF they have experience at doing them. If not I'd try to find to alternative dealership who does.

My MP is going to have a new roof fitted on 2rd Oct Tuesday my Mercedes dealer is in Slough but Mp will be taken to Reading as that is where the appointed technicians is sited on Tuesday 2rd Oct.Fingers Crossed back within a week.

BOTH !! Mine took a week and they were different garages.
My MP is going to have a new roof fitted on 2rd Oct Tuesday my Mercedes dealer is in Slough but Mp will be taken to Reading as that is where the appointed technicians is sited on Tuesday 2rd Oct.Fingers Crossed

Mine took 2 weeks from the time the dealership (Birmingham Mercedes) took delivery of the replacement. The work was subcontracted out to a workshop that had done such replacements before. All good apart from the resealing of the base of the canvas bellows to the van’s metal roof which was not cleaned before reattaching. All good 18 months later though having survived a road trip through Europe.

Hi being cheecky here. Im currently battling to get my 2028 MP fitted with a second roof. First time around it was replaced when the vehicle was 12 months old and under manufacturers warranty, second time the blisters reappeared in eth summer of 2023 and its taken 12 months to get to a point where MB and dealer are at least looking at it, however MB have said as its out of warranty then they are only looking to cover 70% of the costs.
I'd be interested in understanding your circumstances, i.e how old is the Vehicle, when was the first roof replaced etc.
Thanks

Sounds like a fair deal to me. Mine was reported 1 year beyond the warranty expiration but took 1 year to review and get Mercede’s contribution agreed. I paid the labour costs, essentially.
Tony

Hi being cheecky here. Im currently battling to get my 2028 MP fitted with a second roof. First time around it was replaced when the vehicle was 12 months old and under manufacturers warranty, second time the blisters reappeared in eth summer of 2023 and its taken 12 months to get to a point where MB and dealer are at least looking at it, however MB have said as its out of warranty then they are only looking to cover 70% of the costs.
I'd be interested in understanding your circumstances, i.e how old is the Vehicle, when was the first roof replaced etc.
Thanks
Hi,
Our history is as follows:
Purchased July 2019
In March ‘21 Mercedes did a visual inspection after we spotted blistering.
Mercedes accepted a warranty claim. It was (finally) put in for repair in Jan ‘22
In Jan’23, within a year of repair, we again spotted blistering. The repair was guaranteed for a year, so once again our claim was accepted.
May ‘23 roof repaired or replaced? We aren’t entirely sure what work was done.
Feb ‘24, we reported blistering again.
Mercedes accepted the claim under the guarantee.
We are currently waiting for a date for it to go into the garage.

If anyone has had a new roof could you tell us how long it took,just been told by Mercedes it will take a month
Get them to spray it first, then you will only be without it for a couple of days. First roof took two to three weeks, the second they are spraying and will take two days. They used the camera on the current bodywork to ensure it will match, which is what they do to ensure paint matches anyway.

Hi There my van is a 2018 and I have had two roofs replaced, both with the bubbling issue. First time was just after lockdown and that took three months to get roof and three days to fit. This time, about 2 months ago, it took 6 weeks to get roof and a week to fit as they had a shortage of qualified technicians that know how to replace roof. Both roofs were replaced by Mercedes Poole. Not sure if this helps

Hi,
Our history is as follows:
Purchased July 2019
In March ‘21 Mercedes did a visual inspection after we spotted blistering.
Mercedes accepted a warranty claim. It was (finally) put in for repair in Jan ‘22
In Jan’23, within a year of repair, we again spotted blistering. The repair was guaranteed for a year, so once again our claim was accepted.
May ‘23 roof repaired or replaced? We aren’t entirely sure what work was done.
Feb ‘24, we reported blistering again.
Mercedes accepted the claim under the guarantee.
We are currently waiting for a date for it to go into the garage.
Hi ,we are in exactly the same situation , third roof was replaced , got renewal approved just before warranty expired , within 6-7 months gone again . Garage looked at it in Jan this year , Still waiting on a response .
I will chase again

Back