Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo known faults and issues thread

mocopolo

Morning all,

I’m currently shopping Marco Polo’s and as part of my due diligence I was pretty shocked to come across the “bubbly roof” fault that is still very active.

I thought it would be useful to create a thread for known issues and faults that are starting to appear as these vehicles age. Any solutions would be useful to hear too.

Not as prevalent but a lot of reports on here of rear brakes that squeal when driving. The squeal disappears when applying the brakes so isn’t the brake wear indicator. In my case and others it was the calipers getting corroded and binding along with a corroded lip on the discs. Remedy is to clean the calipers so they fully disengage and to replace the rear discs and pads.

Not as prevalent but a lot of reports on here of rear brakes that squeal when driving. The squeal disappears when applying the brakes so isn’t the brake wear indicator. In my case and others it was the calipers getting corroded and binding along with a corroded lip on the discs. Remedy is to clean the calipers so they fully disengage and to
Interesting, as MP is based on a V-Class. I wonder if the taxi driver community would have a suggestion for this fault, doubt they could live with this type of problem. Will delve into this.

Interesting, as MP is based on a V-Class. I wonder if the taxi driver community would have a suggestion for this fault, doubt they could live with this type of problem. Will delve into this.
There is a suggestion that this is caused by lack of use. If the campervan isn’t a daily driver or it is because of lack of use during COVID lockdown. If that’s the case then taxi drivers may not experience this problem given the vehicles would likely to be used heavily.

Morning all

I have this issue on my V300 2021. As I just mentioned on a previous thread, we have done just close to 40,000 miles in the last two years and also replaced the disc and pads a month ago. Its rather annoying to be fair and can be quite loud. I am going to strip them down and have a look when I have a minute but I dont think its just caused by lack of use

Rich

Mine squealed. Horrible . Replaced discs and pads (needed anyway) and the squeal has thankfully now gone. Mechanic said probably brake dust.

Not as prevalent but a lot of reports on here of rear brakes that squeal when driving. The squeal disappears when applying the brakes so isn’t the brake wear indicator. In my case and others it was the calipers getting corroded and binding along with a corroded lip on the discs. Remedy is to clean the calipers so they fully disengage and to replace the rear discs and pads.
I had a very similar problem on my Mercedes based Hymer. The suggestion was is was down to lack of use, which in my case was true, a lot of sitting around either on my drive or on campsites. It got so bad at one point that I call the Mercedes road side emergency number and the Mercedes dealership at Aberdeen sent a chap out who fixed it on the road side, annoying only one side as I didn't mention in my phone call that both sides were affected. You could have cooked breakfast on the hub it had got so hot. Basically it is the auto adjust of the callipers, it gets very dry and thereby corroded so does not return to a position where they are not binding on the brakes, this through lack of use. Once taken apart and 'greased' so that they are free to move easily back and forth the problem is cured. It was, and once I had my local garage do the other side all was well.

Hi - the roof is the main consistent issue, but I did have the brake squeal, strip down and rebuild sorted it. Front tyre edge scrubbing is another thing that is annoying but tyre pressure management helps.

Back