Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen tap not working

Sue R

Have bought a replacement tap for our van sink. after much experimentation we have established that water pump is fine and water is flowing through pipe, however when we attach the tap it triggers the pump, but no water comes through the tap. Anyone have any sage advice for me?

MarioF

That's very strange. Are you sure that the bottom of the tap didn't have a cover of some sort?
Remove the water tube from the tap but leave it connected and see if water comes through the pipe.

J

j200george

VIP Member
Does water come out of the shower attachment? Not sure if that proves anything other than you’ve got water though. :-/

Mary Davis

Have bought a replacement tap for our van sink. after much experimentation we have established that water pump is fine and water is flowing through pipe, however when we attach the tap it triggers the pump, but no water comes through the tap. Anyone have any sage advice for me?
Hi Sue, Did you resolve this? Our tap is only working intermittently, so far we have not been able to source the problem.

MarioF

Hi Sue, Did you resolve this? Our tap is only working intermittently, so far we have not been able to source the problem.
Hello Mary Davis, intermittent problems are normally due the micro switch within the tap not working properly. It's possible to try and service it but it's very fiddly and you have to be very careful the tap doesn't come apart (like in my case). I ended up buying a new tap and all solved.

Mary Davis

Hello Mary Davis, intermittent problems are normally due the micro switch within the tap not working properly. It's possible to try and service it but it's very fiddly and you have to be very careful the tap doesn't come apart (like in my case). I ended up buying a new tap and all solved.
Thank you Mario that's very helpful. Could you tell me where you bought your new tap?

MarioF

Oh I can't remember, somewhere online. Search for 'RK Reich Mono tap', there are plenty of places that sell them for around 30€ (I'm in Spain). All depends on what year your van is and what style tap you have.
They are very easy to install.

The fat controller

That's really helpful Mario, I've had an intermittent problem for ages but haven't tried changing the tap. I'm not turning up any results on Google which look like the one in my van, but I'll persevere

MarioF

That's really helpful Mario, I've had an intermittent problem for ages but haven't tried changing the tap. I'm not turning up any results on Google which look like the one in my van, but I'll persevere
What year is your van?
And post a photo of the tap, I'll see if I can find one.

The fat controller

What year is your van?
And post a photo of the tap, I'll see if I can find one.
Very kind.

It's a 2021 MP. I had no luck finding an identical one but it turns out the club shop on here sells 2 options - one 'genuine' for california/marco polo (looks like the cali tap) and one 'generic'

I've ordered the 'genuine' as its described as plug & play fitment and will report back once I've had a chance to install

The fat controller

Further to my previous, sad to report for UK members that the one sold in this shop if for pre-2018 models only. Not just that it's a different style, the connection is for some reason a different size.

At this time I'm unable to find a UK seller with the correct type but will update if I manage to.

The fat controller

Yes thanks it was a product like the style tap which I was sent. Everything was fine apart from the size of the electrical connector... Of course this could be overcome with a little work but I would prefer to find one which can simply be plugged in.

MarioF

I think you'll find that the fast-on connector will slide out of the plastic if the plastic isn't compatible.
So just put a small screwdriver in and flatten the pins, pull it out. Remove the plastic and put on the compatible one then just press the clips out.
Easy really.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240809-105552~3.png
    Screenshot_20240809-105552~3.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 2

The fat controller

I think you'll find that the fast-on connector will slide out of the plastic if the plastic isn't compatible.
So just put a small screwdriver in and flatten the pins, pull it out. Remove the plastic and put on the compatible one then just press the clips out.
Easy really.
OK that's really helpful, thanks