Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s the max lift weight on roof?

Ellie & Tom

Could anyone one kindly tell me how much weight I can have on the roof with it open/up, as I kayak and need to use the van with the roof up, but do not want to take the boat/s off roof to use the living space… one of the kayaks weighs 18 kg…?
as I am currently looking to replace my T6 VW for a Marco Polo I need some guidance as this is a grey area from the dealership side.. any help would be very much appreciated, regards Ellie.
( I can lift the roof on my T6 with one kayak weighing 18kg safely, and sleep under it no problem.)

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
I have no Idea why it's another grey area with dealerships, (one of the drawbacks of a MP over VW imo) as it's plain to see in the MP supplement

IMG_1248.jpg

O

Octavian

VIP Member
what's the difference between mechanical and electro hydraulic and the15kg reference?

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
what's the difference between mechanical and electro hydraulic and the15kg reference?

The mechanical roof is manually raised and lowered and held in the raised position by gas struts similar to those on tailgates.

The electric roof mechanism has a more robust hydraulic mechanism that has a greater capacity when open.

O

Octavian

VIP Member
fantastic. Thanks for the clarification @Samebutdifferent. so the hydraulic roof can hold 50kg while down and when raised. that's great. anyone else that got to try it with such a load or otherwise experienced problems due weight strapped to the roof?