Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof

Sarahjane

Hi again everyone another newbie question…. When on site do you leave pop up roof up all time or do you put down when you are out and about? Thank you.

Blackrat

We use to leave it up all of the time we were on site.
Too much stuff to shift around otherwise.
I guess if really bad weather was forecast we would have put it down but the situation never arose.

Sarahjane

We use to leave it up all of the time we were on site.
Too much stuff to shift around otherwise.
I guess if really bad weather was forecast we would have put it down but the situation never arose.
Thank you this is what we had thought, weather not looking too good for our trip this week

J

j200george

VIP Member
Is it just me that wishes the MP had a manual roof like the California? I’d also like manual rear seats too. Just overly engineered and more to go wrong. Not saying reduce the quality but keep it simple. Be great if someone could offer a manual “upgrade” conversion.

Blackrat

Is it just me that wishes the MP had a manual roof like the California? I’d also like manual rear seats too. Just overly engineered and more to go wrong. Not saying reduce the quality but keep it simple. Be great if someone could offer a manual “upgrade” conversion.
It’s not just you! In fact it’s one of the reasons we sold the MP.
We had ours refuse to go down on leaving a site. In the end we managed to get it to a dealer . Had to drive it with the roof slightly raised and the alarm constantly sounding.
The dealer sorted it blaming a dodgy sensor but not what we wanted on holiday in Spain.
I never really trusted it after that.
Is it just me that wishes the MP had a manual roof like the California? I’d also like manual rear seats too. Just overly engineered and more to go wrong. Not saying reduce the quality but keep it simple. Be great if someone could offer a manual “upgrade”

J

j200george

VIP Member
Check out the other post though a member couldn’t lower his roof even by this method. Called out MB service who were also stuck.
This bollocks is why the roof should be manual. If anyone knows any companies that convert to manual I would be very interested.

Blackrat

This may help in the event of Pop-up Roof problems:

View attachment 2896
It didn’t work for us.
Had to drive to a dealer with it slightly raised.
Initially the dealer couldn’t get it down and we had to leave it with them for the day.
It doesn’t make a relaxing holiday always worried that the fault could reoccur.
A manual roof would make much more sense.

RedKite

Hi again everyone another newbie question…. When on site do you leave pop up roof up all time or do you put down when you are out and about? Thank you.
Hi we leave ours up when on site. for cold weather we use a weather blanket wrap which acts as a blackout screen this includes windscreen. Goes around whole of raised roof. We got ours from campervantastic.

Hi everybody, i faced issue with pop up roof. In Marco Polo 2021.right lock did not close properly - not locked the roof . Now i can’t rise or close at all. I was trying reset button it not help. Do you have any ideas how to open the roof manually?

J

j200george

VIP Member
There’s a YouTube video on how to manually close the roof. It’s a slow process where each button on the panel lowers left then right a few centimetres.

great vid by mark here. 27mins in for emergency closing.
Link

I take it that you have the key in the correct position?