Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Odd leisure battery problem

W

whitelighter

VIP Member
Hello,

I have had my new MBUX V200 Sport since January and havent used it much.

I am getting a frequent error when the van is parked up that the leisure battery drains and when I retsart I get a white leisure battery warning but also an yellow driver assistance non-function warning (radar cruise control).

I noticed today that when driving the leisure battery had a wildly fluctuating charge current (from -10A to +32A) with voltage fluctuating from 12.7V to 14.9V over the same period. The leisure functions were all turned of and the engine running.

I am assuming the cause is a duff leisure battery but could it be something else? It had a 40 minute drive and the charge state of the battery moved initial to 60% and its now there regardless of what I do (previously I have found it tops back up very quickly once the van is driving)

Any advice?

P

Phil Melville

VIP Member
Hi,

I have had our camper for about the same time and have had and indeed am currently having very similar problems with the leisure battery. our main battery has also twice drained completely for no apparent reason. Mercedes 24 hour call out has been terrific but has not solved the problem. The vehicle has been into a main dealer for three days this week. They could find no problem in the electrics but thought that we should be keeping all of the system charged on a regular basis all through the year. Which is where we find ourselves now

W

whitelighter

VIP Member
sat with engine running, all leisure services off.
16A drain

Attachments

• 7391D34E-0AD4-46B1-B860-9953B42FFF8A.jpeg
    7391D34E-0AD4-46B1-B860-9953B42FFF8A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
P

Phil Melville

VIP Member
Yes it is a challenge deciding what to believe on the screen. I have today had the central heating and fridge on all day but the battery reading has remained at 80%.

W

whitelighter

VIP Member
whitelighter Are you still interested in selling your van?
No I think I’ll keep it for this year.
I don’t know what I’d replace it with and it’s so lovely