Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended warranty on MP

P

PoloTim

VIP Member
My MB manufacturers warrant ends next week on my 19 plate MP. Any advantages to purchasing an extended warranty with Mercedes Benz as opposed to an organisation like Autogard?
Also another question - can I still use the SOS button if I am out of MB warranty?
Any recommendations would be useful, and thanks in advance.

Van Diesel

did you ever use the Warranty? if not and you have a low mileage, then maybe its not worth it.
If you plan on selling it within the extended warranty period, it might be usefull though.

i dont own a van yet so i have no clue about the warranty needs for this vehicle.
Seems the latest models only have some issues with the leisure battery

Would be nice to hear from someone who has used the warranty and for what.

Steve B

There have been people who have used it, side door and rear door issues. The amount of automation and number of motors mean one issue more than pays for it, and I know its only the V class bit of it. I never purchase extended warranties, and have never regretted the decision as the amount I've saved far exceeds the issues I've had over the years. This was the first for me.

P

PoloTim

VIP Member
did you ever use the Warranty? if not and you have a low mileage, then maybe its not worth it.
If you plan on selling it within the extended warranty period, it might be usefull though.

i dont own a van yet so i have no clue about the warranty needs for this vehicle.
Seems the latest models only have some issues with the leisure battery

Would be nice to hear from someone who has used the warranty and for what.
Yes I have just had notification from a MB main dealer that I will get a new roof fitted probably in June even though the manufacturers warranty runs out next week. I bought the vehicle last November with only 6 months left on the MB warranty. Obviously with an extended warranty insurance the roof will not be covered.

P

PoloTim

VIP Member
There have been people who have used it, side door and rear door issues. The amount of automation and number of motors mean one issue more than pays for it, and I know its only the V class bit of it. I never purchase extended warranties, and have never regretted the decision as the amount I've saved far exceeds the issues I've had over the years. This was the first for me.
Thanks for this information Steve. I am seriously thinking of putting a monthly amount aside for that rainy day and be more in control of the situation if something unforseen arises. Either that or I am going to think about using Autogard in Camberley. Tim Purslow said from a dealers/workshop point of view they are the most responsive and easiest to deal with when a customer makes a claim.

Steve B

Once the MP gets to five years old I'll probably not use MB, but that's a couple of years away yet!

P

PoloTim

VIP Member
Once the MP gets to five years old I'll probably not use MB, but that's a couple of years away yet!
Steve, your posts are always very useful thanks. Just one other question I would like to as you: my digital speed counter reads in only kms. Any advice on how to set it to mph Steve?
Thanks in advance.

Steve B

Steve, your posts are always very useful thanks. Just one other question I would like to as you: my digital speed counter reads in only kms. Any advice on how to set it to mph Steve?
Thanks in advance.
I think its as below
1649255176427.png

gvh

I assume it's so that you know your speed in Km when driving on the continent.

As we're based in Switzerland, our speedo is in KPH. When I activate this option it only shows in MPH and I can't seem to set it to KPH (which would also be better for us!).

Steve B

Should have asked, do you mean the large digital readout on the trip menu that also scrolls through odometer, fuel consumption etc, or the small speed readout near the top of the screen? I've never changed the small readout from kmh.