Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Catches for clicking draws/cupboards closed.

Pip J

Hi. We have a couple of draws/cupboards where the catches are ‘stuck down’ & not working. Is this something that we can sort ourselves? Again the local MB garage have quoted £130 labour & £30 per part to repair. Does this sound reasonable to experienced members?

Roy C

Hi. We have a couple of draws/cupboards where the catches are ‘stuck down’ & not working. Is this something that we can sort ourselves? Again the local MB garage have quoted £130 labour & £30 per part to repair. Does this sound reasonable to experienced members?
One of my catches started sticking and I fixed it myself. Where they are situated I guess liquid can run in and make them sticky. It was a couple of years ago so I can’t recall exactly what I did but they unscrewed easily enough and I gave them a clean and a quick squirt with WD-40 and they’ve been fine ever since

Pip J

One of my catches started sticking and I fixed it myself. Where they are situated I guess liquid can run in and make them sticky. It was a couple of years ago so I can’t recall exactly what I did but they unscrewed easily enough and I gave them a clean and a quick squirt with WD-40 and they’ve been fine ever since
Great thanks for the advice. Will have a look!!

Epigram

All good advice especiall the screws. File the heads off to make them slightly shorter. I havenot checked but I bet Hafele are the suppliers if you need replacement but WD 40 is always a good first stop.

Pip J

All good advice especiall the screws. File the heads off to make them slightly shorter. I havenot checked but I bet Hafele are the suppliers if you need replacement but WD 40 is always a good first stop.
Thanks for the advice!