Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air con on electricity alone

BoHedegaard

Hi all
We are buyin a 2020 model v250 Marco Polo with the diesel heater system.
We are often in Italy in the summer and my wife like to a air condiotioned place when the temprature is to hot.
can the Air con cool down the car on electricity alone or do the engine need to be turned on?

SteveR

Hi and welcome to the forum.
The air conditioning is part of the base vehicle (as opposed to the habitation area) so works like any car air con, i.e. you need the motor running. However, depending on which diesel heater you have, if it's the cab based one with the switch on the dash, I believe you can use it to cool as well as warm for a short period of time. I'm not entirely sure on this so best to check the manual

SteveR

Hi and welcome to the forum.
The air conditioning is part of the base vehicle (as opposed to the habitation area) so works like any car air con, i.e. you need the motor running. However, depending on which diesel heater you have, if it's the cab based one with the switch on the dash, I believe you can use it to cool as well as warm for a short period of time. I'm not entirely sure on this so best to check the manual
Assuming you have this option fitted, it appears that yes, it does have auxiliary heating but also ventilation (not quite aircon but better than nothing :))...

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 08.10.00.pngScreenshot 2022-04-28 at 08.10.11.png