Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A belated hello to everyone!

My "hello" is a bit late, having already asked other members for some advice (and received great answers, thanks).
My wife and I decided we wanted a campervan sized vehicle rather than a full sized motorhome as we could use it for more everyday tasks as well as trips away.
After looking at the VW offerings, by chance we saw a MP in a Mercedes showroom nearby. We were impressed by the quality of the vehicle and that many features we wanted e.g. auto gearbox, were standard rather than an extra cost option.
After some shopping around for a decent price, we decided a new vehicle would cost little more than an "ex-demo" one. Responses from salesmen varied - from "we don't really discount because we are selling so many; more than all the other dealers in the south combined"...!, to those willing to see we were serious customers and keen to be the dealer we chose.
After extensive further research... and on Friday 13th!... we took the plunge, placing an order for a silver 250, with Comand, night heater, 360 camera, awning and retractable tow kit. We also liked the chunkier look of the 19" twin 5-spoke wheels and decided the black leather seats would be more practical. We achieved an <>8% discount. The only shock on the Order Form was the £830 first year Road Fund Licence!
With an estimated 3 months wait for delivery, we are now starting to compile the extras we need - a gas bottle has already been purchased, soon to be joined by hook-up cable, crockery, cutlery etc.
As newbies to the camping/caravanning world, we are looking forward to the adventure of our first trip in the MP and no doubt in the meantime will be asking members for further advice!
Colin and Mimi

Israel

My "hello" is a bit late, having already asked other members for some advice (and received great answers, thanks).
My wife and I decided we wanted a campervan sized vehicle rather than a full sized motorhome as we could use it for more everyday tasks as well as trips away.
After looking at the VW offerings, by chance we saw a MP in a Mercedes showroom nearby. We were impressed by the quality of the vehicle and that many features we wanted e.g. auto gearbox, were standard rather than an extra cost option.
After some shopping around for a decent price, we decided a new vehicle would cost little more than an "ex-demo" one. Responses from salesmen varied - from "we don't really discount because we are selling so many; more than all the other dealers in the south combined"...!, to those willing to see we were serious customers and keen to be the dealer we chose.
After extensive further research... and on Friday 13th!... we took the plunge, placing an order for a silver 250, with Comand, night heater, 360 camera, awning and retractable tow kit. We also liked the chunkier look of the 19" twin 5-spoke wheels and decided the black leather seats would be more practical. We achieved an <>8% discount. The only shock on the Order Form was the £830 first year Road Fund Licence!
With an estimated 3 months wait for delivery, we are now starting to compile the extras we need - a gas bottle has already been purchased, soon to be joined by hook-up cable, crockery, cutlery etc.
As newbies to the camping/caravanning world, we are looking forward to the adventure of our first trip in the MP and no doubt in the meantime will be asking members for further advice!
Colin and Mimi
Wellcome ... you will not be disappointed!

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

G_H

Colin and Mimi
Hi Colin, we're looking at ordering a MP in pretty much the exact same spec and colours etc :) The literature and information from MB detailing the differences between the auxiliary heater and the NIGHT auxiliary heater seem pretty thin on the ground TBH. What made you decide for the night version out of interest? Many thanks, Graham

Hi Colin, congratulations, I hope it arrives before the cold weather! I am also close to ordering (although a Cavansite blue Horizon) and keen to learn from your experiences. Do you know if the 19" wheels are required if you choose the factory fit tow bar? The brochure seems to indicate this.

Hi Colin, we're looking at ordering a MP in pretty much the exact same spec and colours etc :) The literature and information from MB detailing the differences between the auxiliary heater and the NIGHT auxiliary heater seem pretty thin on the ground TBH. What made you decide for the night version out of interest? Many thanks, Graham
Hi Graham. My decision was based on my opinion that, if heating was needed, it was more likely during the night. The auxiliary one seems to be more designed for warming the vehicle and engine before driving off on a cold day and can only be used for up to (approx) 1 hour - plenty of time for the MP to cool down and a disturbed night's sleep! Only time will tell !! ...(my dealer has today given me a pick up date of 10th September). Although expensive, I am sure the night option will prove its worth and in time, help with resale.
Hi Colin, congratulations, I hope it arrives before the cold weather! I am also close to ordering (although a Cavansite blue Horizon) and keen to learn from your experiences. Do you know if the 19" wheels are required if you choose the factory fit tow bar? The brochure seems to indicate this.
Hi.
My dealer supported the brochure in that 19 in wheels were required if the tow pack was opted for. I saw a Cavansite blue one at Mercedes Southampton today... looked very nice!

GeorgeG

Hi. My dealer supported the brochure in that 19 in wheels were required if the tow pack was opted for. I saw a Cavansite blue one at Mercedes Southampton today... looked very nice![/QUOTE said:
That’s the one I bought yesterday! And it has the aux “night” heater as well as the aux water heater. I’m used to Westfalia installed diesel heaters and was surprised, when I tried it out last night, that it is only a single speed fan - although it does have a thermostat. Seems to work well and is quieter in use than my old California, but they may have improved in the intervening 11 years.

Now I know why they didn't want me poking about inside it!! haha
Lovely looking MP... good choice! I see you are from a similar area as me... I will look out for it on the road!