Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Dreaded Gap

Superhoop50

Afternoon everyone. I get my MP in a couple of weeks time and very excited I am too. The accessory shopping has started already and I wanted to ask what people tend to use to fill the gap between the wind-out awning and the van? I've seen a number of suggestions already, but I'm wondering what works best? Thanks.

I don't use anything and not really had many issues. This was the set up Aug bank holiday, it rained Friday night/Saturday morning very heavily, the awning was fine and nothing got wet (except the red ramp box which I didn't need and is a pain to store!). I just pull the floor mat away from the door at night if its going to rain.

Attachments

• bourton Aug24.JPEG
    bourton Aug24.JPEG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
I don't use anything and not really had many issues. This was the set up Aug bank holiday, it rained Friday night/Saturday morning very heavily, the awning was fine and nothing got wet (except the red ramp box which I didn't need and is a pain to store!). I just pull the floor mat away from the door at night if its going to rain.
Many thanks for that. Also looking for awning. Which model is that you have attached? Looks decent.

Thule omnistor panels, works well as we didn't want a full awning just a sun shade or rain barrier when required. Its open one end (can be either), so checking the weather forecast for wind/rain is key when setting up to get the best use of the shelter. As with all this branded stuff, not cheap!

Thule omnistor panels, works well as we didn't want a full awning just a sun shade or rain barrier when required. Its open one end (can be either), so checking the weather forecast for wind/rain is key when setting up to get the best use of the shelter. As with all this branded stuff, not cheap!
Thanks Steve

Could you leave this setup overnight? I’m looking for an easier option than faffing around putting up an awning. TIA

FWIW you may well find this to be much less of an issue than it seems once you get the van... If it's raining you will have the door closed most of the time & even in heavy rain I've never found a significant amount of water to find it's way through the gap. Realistically you're looking at a drop every now and then.

FWIW you may well find this to be much less of an issue than it seems once you get the van... If it's raining you will have the door closed most of the time & even in heavy rain I've never found a significant amount of water to find it's way through the gap. Realistically you're looking at a drop every now and then.
Thanks for the info.

Back