Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

original mounted awning drive noise.

Van Diesel

Hi

looking for a little experience. D

Has anyone tried the MP with and without the awning? D
is there alot of noise difference when driving?
At high speeds does it feel good?

thx in advance

Steve B

I have one and don't notice the noise and I wouldn't know its there when driving. The only time its noisy is if its not closed properly and you get a whistle/whine from it.

Graham K

We never used our awning and I got fed up with the constant rattling from it no matter what I tried...so took it off.

Obviously no rattling now which for me makes the driving experience vastly better.

Otherwise there is little noticeable difference to performance or fuel economy (already pretty good).

A positive result for us since we didn't use the awning.

Roy C

Hi

looking for a little experience. D

Has anyone tried the MP with and without the awning? D
is there alot of noise difference when driving?
At high speeds does it feel good?

thx in advance
I don’t even notice it’s there when driving. I think once I didn’t wind it in fully and there was some wind noise but once closed properly there is no appreciable wind noise or rattle.

Van Diesel

thx for the reply. :)

ok so not alot of noise. :cool:

what about rain?... i mean the awning is made very dumb when i look at it. it dosent conceal the space between the side door opening and the awning. which mean the rain will get into the car as it looks when the door is open.

One can get a rain addon i see, but then the roof has to be up. which is kinda not very clever.

so how is your rain experience?
which is my main objective with the awning.

thx in advance D

Roy C

thx for the reply. :)

ok so not alot of noise. :cool:

what about rain?... i mean the awning is made very dumb when i look at it. it dosent conceal the space between the side door opening and the awning. which mean the rain will get into the car as it looks when the door is open.

One can get a rain addon i see, but then the roof has to be up. which is kinda not very clever.

so how is your rain experience?
which is my main objective with the awning.

thx in advance D
Yes, there’s a gap and rain will drip through but it is plenty big enough, so if you’re sitting out there is plenty of room to sit without getting wet unless it’s really windy in which case rain can come in from the sides and front unless you have awning side panels. If you want proper rain protection then get a driveaway awning. This can attach to the wind out awning using the kadar strip channel and this combo makes it easy to reattach when you return.

Yes, there’s a gap and rain will drip through but it is plenty big enough, so if you’re sitting out there is plenty of room to sit without getting wet unless it’s really windy in which case rain can come in from the sides and front unless you have awning side panels. If you want proper rain protection then get a driveaway awning. This can attach to the wind out awning using the kadar strip channel and this combo makes it easy to reattach when you return.
Never had any probs with mine dripping in with the door open whilst raining, the roof gutter prevents this

Roy C

Never had any probs with mine dripping in with the door open whilst raining, the roof gutter prevents this
Yes, but rain that finds that small gap and that collects on the awning mechanism does eventually drip through because it is not sealed. I don’t find that it drips into the door when it’s open but there is undeniably a gap that a small amount of water will get through. It is not a problem if you know about it but if it rains overnight I am careful to not leave anything under that gap