Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercedes Me App - remote locking etc

Dundry

Hi, I’ve had remote locking/geofencing and aux heater remote on my I-phone app since Ive had my 2018 MP. After my subscription ran out Mercedes Me app says these functions are not available to purchase on the App. Does anyone know why Mercedes have stopped making this function available and when it’s might return?

Steve B

Mine is still working but I've just checked and the web site says as below. That's really bad on a car of this age, stopping the support after just a few years! I'll write to MB but the answer will probably be I should sell and buy a new one at £90k ish that does basically the same thing as the one I've got. Mine runs out in January.
1719812944724.png

Gedtin

Hi Guys, the reason that you cannot use the phone apps to connect to your vehicle is that 3G will be ending this year and your app uses this technology. If your vehicle was manufactured in 2017 Mercedes were still fitting 3G communication modules in some vehicles, this is why you can only purchase traffic for your GPS (supplied by TomTom). Quite why MB were still fitting 3G in 2017 is a mystery as 4G came out in 2009 I think. A bit of built in redundancy me thinks.
Note that you will not be able to update your maps on your GPS either as they are likely supplied by Here and they do not support Mercedes. The latest Map update I have on my 2018 Marco is 2021 version.

So you will not get these back and I have already been asked if I would like to consider a new vehicle.

Does anyone know what the consumer rights act of 2015 says about length of operational service?

I bought my Sat Nav SD card update from Ebay a company named xl-nav (about £30) for my 2018 MP it works fine
I recall Merc wanted about £140

Gedtin

MB have now confirmed that there is no possibility of updating the GPS maps on my vehicle, and that I only had 3 to 4 years of map update availability. As this is a vehicle designed for touring it doesn't feel quite right to only have 3 or 4 years of available up to date maps.
Mercedes quoted just under £140 to update the maps but then it was admitted that an update is not possible.

Steve B

Spoke to MB as well, same outcome - 'tough, its not our fault its the networks'. There is no work around so back to the old days. I tried to moan about it but they are trained to say nothing. 1721059189915.png

Pam

I bought my Sat Nav SD card update from Ebay a company named xl-nav (about £30) for my 2018 MP it works fine
I recall Merc wanted about £140
Is this for a V Class Marco Polo?
is this then just entered in card slot and auto updates?
thanks

Gedtin

Is this for a V Class Marco Polo?
is this then just entered in card slot and auto updates?
thanks
You need to know what navigation system is installed in your Marco. If you have GPS mapping by Here (HereMap) you cannot update the mapping in your system by any means. I cannot find out if this system was fitted with the Command system only, and am struggling to find out from MB.

Graham K

I had map update done on 2017 MP last June by dealer. We have Command system. The update needed to be done as a live download via Star diagnostics - so a dealer thing.

I can't think that things have changed in a year as the map files will be the same as used for vehicles with later comms modules (pre MBUX obviously). There doesn't appear to have been an update to the core version of Command on later vehicles, just a comms module change.

The cost was around £140 but the maps appear to be updated bi annually anyway. All roads found on very recent trip around France, so I'm content that I don't need to update until next year or even later.

I'm not sure if the SD route works with all versions of Sat Nav...when I enquired I was told you couldn't update Command via the SD slot. Love to know if that is correct or not as clearly £30 much more attractive than £140!

Gedtin

For the purposes of clarity, if your system is running HereMap software, then the following confirmation from MB will apply.

"Kindly note that the last map update for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle is EUROPE 2021/2022 V15.0. With this, there is no further possibility to update the maps".