Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help finding a new MP

Ratty

Ratty

VIP Member
Hi everyone
We are looking to ‘downsize’ from our small motorhome to a MP as life changes. Unfortunately we live in a remote part of the Scottish Highlands and have been searching online for somewhere to buy the 2024 model or even just look at one ‘in the flesh’. We have had no luck at all and are beginning to wonder if we’ll ever find one. Would love to have advice from anyone in this group please. TIA

Few, if any, Mercedes dealers will have an MP as a demonstrator because they are built to order and there were not that many delivered from 2021 onwards due to the after effects of Covid.

I have a late 2022 220d which took around 16 months from order to delivery! I had a look at drive of/a number of older (2018-ish) models before I ordered a new one, then bought a used 2019 model until my new one arrived. If you drop me a message, I'm sure I can sort out a video walk-round via whatsapp if you think it would help.

There isn't much difference in the camping aspects of the vehicle between the 2017 and current 2024 versions - Later models (2020 onwards) have MBUX and MBAC displays, a different engine and gearbox. 2024 onwards vehicles have a different dash and widescreen display, premium sound, only 1 engine version (300d) and a few additional features (heated front screen and steering wheel!). The price as risen to £88K for the "premium plus" version (I paid just shy of £70K for the now-discontinued sport model in Dec 2022).

If you are looking to buy new, have a chat with your nearest MB Main dealer and also look at the on-line configurator (there isn't much choice for options). In essence, it's a £1000 deposit at point of order with the balance of a 10% deposit due once a production allocation is confirmed and the specification is frozen (takes a few months) and then the full amount on delivery.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Very many thanks, Mike, that was a very comprehensive answer and sorted out most of the questions we had. We have the added complication of living in a very remote part of the Scottish Highlands which makes everything more difficult! However, with the information you have given us, I think we can move forward now, possibly looking at a later model second hand.

A 2021 V250 AMG from Paul ‘n Jo on this site. Paul was kind enough to bring it up close to us while they were on holiday and we were very pleased with it. Pick it up in a weeks time. Can’t wait.

Back