Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge range settings

I

Ian M

VIP Member
I have recently purchased a 2018 Marco Polo which has the older independent control system for the fridge and roof. the fridge should have a range from zero = OFF to1,2,3,4 5 + deepfreeze

My fridge is either completely off or in full deep freeze mode - Any idea of what the problem is and how it can be repaired - Is there a company out there that repairs these issues as I am not confident that Mercedes will have an idea

I am based in Aberdeen Scotland

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
I have recently purchased a 2018 Marco Polo which has the older independent control system for the fridge and roof. the fridge should have a range from zero = OFF to1,2,3,4 5 + deepfreeze

My fridge is either completely off or in full deep freeze mode - Any idea of what the problem is and how it can be repaired - Is there a company out there that repairs these issues as I am not confident that Mercedes will have an idea

It's not uncommon - the temperature sensor has failed. You can buy replacement sensors (it's a dometic fridge) - have a search on here because it's been covered a few times. There is also a youtube video (marcopolomylife....in german....) of the replacement.

Dutchyankee

The temperature sensor (Thermocouple) is the most common cause since it is a solid wire susceptible to breaking due to vibration. It is somewhat of a pain to replace and it will break again. I have the same problem but I use it as a freezer now and have electric (12vdc/220vac) refrigerator for dairy and other perishable foods. We now bring frozen espresso ice cubes (for ice coffee) and mini pizza and bake-off bread (we have a small 2L Airfrier too). So It gives us a

TheDon

Hi, it’s the fridge sensor. Search on the forum for TheDon and you’ll find the part number, video and tips on how to do. Fiddly but can be done (even I managed it )