Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty is it worth it

R

Roadrunner

VIP Member
Hi

My v220d sport will be 3 this month and Mercedes have offered me extended warranty up to 2 years. However this does not cover any of the campervan modifications. My quote is @£800 for 24 months - is this a good investment in your opinion?

Hi

My v220d sport will be 3 this month and Mercedes have offered me extended warranty up to 2 years. However this does not cover any of the campervan modifications. My quote is @£800 for 24 months - is this a good investment in your opinion?
Given the costs of some of the electrical kit (eg MBUX, radar sensors etc) I'd say it's not unreasonable. Worth a look at some of the aftermarket warranty providers to see what they cover and the price to get a comparison

Thanks - good thought re the after market warranty providers

We have had the extended warranty now for 3 years, yes it’s worth it as parts and labour are expensive. We’ve claimed twice and we now have a problem which would cost an arm and a leg. Luckily it’s covered under the extended warranty. Hope this helps

Hi - I did for 2 years but haven't since. I didn't claim on the policy, but I am thinking about taking one out as the MP gets older.

We don't buy extended warranties for household appliances but cars are a whole load more expensive so we think they're worth the peace of mind.

If you are thinking of getting it serviced at Mercedes then the Mercedes warranty is worth it. If it is covered they deal with the process. Even a minor fault can cost £800. My V class had over the course of a year had three Nox sensors replaced and the part along costs £800 and the rear tailgate module replaced which would have cost £1200 plus VAT.
Most aftermarket warranties will have limits to what they pay out plus most garages make you pay the bill and then claim it back.
You could go down the route of putting the money in the bank and using that to fund any repairs but 1 repair and you might be out of pocket.

Back