Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ad blue tank size !!!

Scrumpy

Hi all
Now I’ve trawled previous threads so please anyone answer these questions

1. Is the Ad blue tank smaller with an auxiliary heater fitted ?
2. If so what size was it prior / after ?
3. when my dash tells me to add ad blue is it , empty or still half full as shown on the dash. I put 5 litres in and it takes it back to full.

image.jpg

Hi. It’s about half the size if the night heater is fitted. We have that. Gives warning at half empty and 5l gets it mostly back to full (half a std 10l refill). I think (not sure) that it warns when it has 5l left, so the bigger tank that would be 1/4 left - but someone with the non heater should confirm that. 5l gets you a good amount of miles, but you should monitor on the dash menu if not filling in a reasonable time after the warning. T.

According to Tim Purslows, earlier (eg non-MBUX, 2020 & earlier) models had a smaller tank with the factory-fitted diesel heater - I think it was 10-ish litres vs 20-odd litres. My 2019 had the larger tank.

Later (eg MBUX 2020 onwards have the auxiliary heater as standard) - my 2022 220d tells me (nags) to fill up when the gauge gets to 1/4 full. Adding 10 litres brings it to 3/4 full so I reckon its a 20 litre tank on mine.

Hi. It’s about half the size if the night heater is fitted. We have that. Gives warning at half empty and 5l gets it mostly back to full (half a std 10l refill). I think (not sure) that it warns when it has 5l left, so the bigger tank that would be 1/4 left - but someone with the non heater should confirm that. 5l gets you a good amount of miles, but you should monitor on the dash menu if not filling in a reasonable time after the warning. T.
Forgot to say ours is a 2018 MY MP

My MP from 2019 has larger tank for adblue ordered from factory under code KP4, it has 25l what is double compare to standard one

I have a 2018 without a heater and it still has the 10l tank. It’s very annoying that at 1/2 full I get a 500 miles warning, meaning I’ve only effectively got a useful 5 litre tank. I don’t mind the smaller tank but it would be useful if Mercedes could update the software to give a warning at 1/4 full.

I asked MB to check my gauge a few years ago as I thought it was faulty for all the above reasons. They looked into it and said that, with the heater option, the AdBlu tank is only 11 litres and but the warning light is set (regardless of tank size) to come on when AdBlu in the van drops to 6.5 lites … my local dealership agreed with me that it was a crazy set up!

Hi all
Now I’ve trawled previous threads so please anyone answer these questions

1. Is the Ad blue tank smaller with an auxiliary heater fitted ?
2. If so what size was it prior / after ?
3. when my dash tells me to add ad blue is it , empty or still half full as shown on the dash. I put 5 litres in and it takes it back to full.

View attachment 3840
hi we have a 2019 no night heater fitted, ad blue has always warned us when down to 5 litres, from 10 regards ian

Back