Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ad Blue System Malfunction

SteveB

This warning message just popped up while we are in Italy. Anyone experienced this before ? Ad Blue level was maximum when left UK and is still 80 %. Manual advises to seek technical help but does not suggest that it requires immediate intervention.

Not had that, nor noticed any posts in the past. Is it letting you drive and just warning or giving ultimatums? Shouldn't do the MP any harm

Thanks for the reply Steve. Vehicle runs ok and as yet no ultimatums. Spoke to our local MB dealership who thought it was likely to be a faulty NOX sensor, which may imply that there is potentially an ultimatum on its way eg 500 miles left before the van shuts down. Trying to book it in for a diagnostic in Siena. If it turns out to be the NOX sensor that may prove problematic as I was told by the UK technician that these are in short supply. I will post again when I have more info.

I have the yellow light on and it is nox sensor related. Whilst I investigate this ( struggling to find any sensible definitive advice on what needs replacing . Spent 2 hours at German Auto centre that said both nox sensors were switched off. They switch them on and all was fine till a few hundred miles later , light back on) I have been deleting the fault code with a code reader. It pops up again after a while but resets the 500 mile (or km) dilemma which people mention.
You can probably pick up a scanner to delete codes quite cheaply but I can’t vouch for that.

Mine was £160 but also have a £25 one at home that gives basic information and if I remember deletes the codes. If you do have it read take pictures or a print out of the info for future reference as some info wasn’t present at the German Auto centre

I have done at least 2000 miles on this basis over 3 monthsand currently in S of France . Whilst the light is frustrating the MP 250 drives fine.
I hope this helps and puts your mind at rest (if it is same problem )

Thanks Phillusc

I booked our MP in to a MB Service centre in Siena who have been very helpful. Diagnostics yesterday indicated that the problem was the Ad Blue Injector. The replacement part arrived from Rome this morning and is being fitted so hopefully I can pick up this afternoon.
I will update after picking up the van.
This is now the third time we have had to seek technical assistance while abroad and have been very impressed with the service centres we have used in Switzerland and Italy. I wonder if there is any mileage in compiling a database of European service centres that have proven to be helpful ?

Fingers crossed that it sorts your problem. My ad blue system was checked and is fine.
It’s seems these systems are a problem across many ranges of diesel cars .
They should all be good really!

Van back and everything fine.
Impressive service, from phone call to book appointment, diagnostics, part ordered from Rome, part fitted and van collected, all within 48 hours.

Back