Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2018 MP Westfalia Fridge.

Rob & Sandra

I think we have failed temp sensor. Freezing on 1 etc. I see several threads that say the unit is Dometic Unit ? Does anyone have model number. Merc want crazy money for sensor and supply difficulties. I think it’ll be a standard sensor across the range. ??? I contacted Dometic Support asking what Westfalia fitted to MP with NO Reply If anyone knows would be appreciated. Thanks

I think we have failed temp sensor. Freezing on 1 etc. I see several threads that say the unit is Dometic Unit ? Does anyone have model number. Merc want crazy money for sensor and supply difficulties. I think it’ll be a standard sensor across the range. ??? I contacted Dometic Support asking what Westfalia fitted to MP with NO Reply If anyone knows would be appreciated. Thanks
Campervantastic say they have the part in stock at £68 which is cheaper than Mercedes at £75. Fitting is a little fiddly but even I managed to do it
I posted a video on the forum of how to do it and easy to follow even though it’s in German. Search

FRIDGE SENSOR REPLACEMENT​

Full post gives added details on wiring colours from TheRocket.

Campervantastic say they have the part in stock at £68 which is cheaper than Mercedes at £75. Fitting is a little fiddly but even I managed to do it
I posted a video on the forum of how to do it and easy to follow even though it’s in German. Search

FRIDGE SENSOR REPLACEMENT​

Full post gives added details on wiring colours from TheRocket.
Thanks. I’ve seen the German video. I’ll give Campervantastic a call. A ‘standard’ Dometic replacement on EBay is about £6.00. But if I can confirm the fridge model number to ensure compatibility. The sensors are generic resistive types and when the fridge is just freezing the sensor is just open circuit (ie infinite ohms) reports due to rough road surfaces. Re the Fridge itself It seems Westfalia put their own part number. I’ll take the panels off to see if I can any Dometic numbers. Ive ordered the generic EBay part to compare and also splice with small WAGO connectors to make any subsequent replacement easier. Thanks again.

IMG_2908.jpeg

Hi. I recalled there were posts on the forums in the past which said the fridge was made by Dometic - as you say. Searching using that as a the keyword brings up 2 threads both of which mention the model as rc1144.

Not sure if this helps or even if the model is correct....but since this part fails frequently I am sure everyone would like to know if a cheaper alternative is available....as you say its a simple part and highly unlikely to be unique.

Would be great if you could follow up if successful. Thanks.

Hello.
Just a quick Update no did manage to get answer from Dometic directly. Westfalia no reply, Merc dealer none committal.
See attached quote
Dometic UK Customer Services
Tel : +44 (0) 344 626 0133
Dometic UK, Dometic House
Blandford
Dorset. DT11 9LS

IMG_2970.jpeg

Back