Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upcoming solar install

Hi

1) No noise . I've sold hundreds to VW cali owners, and many to MP owners and I've been asked a lot about possible noise, and the verdict is none. I'd have heard about it by now ! :)
2) The foam is only on the front and rear aluminium angle bars, and one strip down the centre it doesn't make an sort of seal, merely protects your paint.
3) No reason not to at all, particularly if you go for one of the bluetooth controllers.

R

Wicked... cheers !

Hmmm. Nice idea (the scotch connectors leave practically no trace when removed btw) - I think I may grab a load - Brian - mind if I post you one to test (for fitment)

dinger

dinger

VIP Member
Solar Panel completed and tested - Due to the trepidation that surrounds the leisure bat charge when off grid I went ahead and fitted one (120W). On testing comprehensively over 6 days with fridge on setting 3 and 4 I found the leisure bat would drop two bars over night on the central control panel (assuming 20% drop). Next day the solar pan recovered that loss (independently) in two/three hours then trickle charged as required through day.
Now have full confidence to use MP off grid for longer periods if required.

Hope that helps provide some real time knowledge

ian

Excellent!

By the way we have a 10% sale off everything (including the MP solar kit) this weekend - Friday to Sunday - use this code in your cart: 10summerjuly2019 - it will only work from Friday to Sunday.

www.solarcampersolutions.co.uk

mods - I've emailed to see about setting up a trade partner account but had no response so far.

Hmmm. Nice idea (the scotch connectors leave practically no trace when removed btw) - I think I may grab a load - Brian - mind if I post you one to test (for fitment)

I ordered one from Polevolt (Was ordering other stuff) and it fits fine. Plug bodies fit the charger and the lead. Not put the terminals in yet though :)

Great stuff pal! I just need to order a kit now.

Meant to say, I think that black westfalia box to the right could be the battery-to-battery charger. Maybe. I've not had a proper look though.

Next up is the victron 75/15 two wires in and two wires out with the fuse holder close to the controller ,connect the battery wires first ensuring the fuse is removed ,these wires were threaded under the bottom shelf of the main wardrobe and into the wiring on the charger I chose not to mount it on the wall as I intend to remove the kit before i sell the van down the road
Hello, Which fuse should I remove, please ? Thx

caMPike

does anyone has that solar panel and use bike rack mounted at tailgate ? There is rack alu holder mounted directly to hinge of the tailgate, so not sure if this would effect cable running around the hinge

Attachments

• F1CEAF4E-E936-4B43-AEBF-E531A8ED5B04.jpeg
    F1CEAF4E-E936-4B43-AEBF-E531A8ED5B04.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 13
I've installed my kits on plenty of MPs with bike racks like that and they made no difference.

As a small update btw - we are using Stainless steel nuts and washers, and better , sealed, fuse holders. I now also offer a 2 year warranty on our panels. They have performed flawlessly with not one problem in nearly 2 years now. - I'm having them made to my spec.