Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thorax airbag recall

Phthalo

Has anybody had this done?

I took my MP to Lookers Ashford Kent and was told that it was ok and did not need doing. A week or so later Lookers contacted me and told me that it did need updating. I thought that this was a bit strange but never the less I took it back to them.
If anyone has had this done did it take two days to complete like mine?

DWB

Hi,
Yep took mine in for the inspection and they said it needed doing so waiting for the call to book it in as they have had to order the replacement parts.

Phthalo

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I think that they have changed the wiring looms to both front seats because of the chance of the wires being cut or damaged when the seats are swivelled. This then can cause the thorax air to deploy although they assured me that this was not dangerous ?????

They gave a time scale for this of between three hours and two days as they had not done this update before. It was the latter.

Good luck I hope all goes well with your MP

Phthalo

Good you must have a better dealership.

But in all fairness when I was looking for a MP last year Lookers did not even know that Mercedes even made a MP so I suppose I should be grateful it only took two days lol

jbean2567

Nope they are all rubbish lol we just happen to have ours since last August but it is and has been an uphill battle - it still seems a surprise to Mercedes that they made the MP and that people who buy them want things for them our latest battle is to swop out the original front console area for the newer cup holder one as I am fed up holding hot coffee every time we travel!

Mine took a couple of hours. And when they looked the wires were frayed. Quite lucky in that the mb garage picks up and drops off so biggest hassle is waiting in.

Side note to the op, fitted the detacahable towbar the other day to take the bikes out. Back home and for the life of me I couldn’t get the bloomin thing to come off again. MB couldn’t either so it’s a new subframe and towbar ....

Ian

Nope they are all rubbish lol we just happen to have ours since last August but it is and has been an uphill battle - it still seems a surprise to Mercedes that they made the MP and that people who buy them want things for them our latest battle is to swop out the original front console area for the newer cup holder one as I am fed up holding hot coffee every time we travel!

Have you had any luck with getting the original console area swapped for the newer one with cup holders? I had not even considered that this would be possible but would be something I'd have done if it was.

jbean2567

Have you had any luck with getting the original console area swapped for the newer one with cup holders? I had not even considered that this would be possible but would be something I'd have done if it was.

Hi we are going to order the parts this week - it’s about £250 I’m told and is not classed as a Mercedes retro fit so no instructions lol but it certainly looks possible and the same size as what is currently in there with a slight longer base for which there is space....

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Hi we are going to order the parts this week - it’s about £250 I’m told and is not classed as a Mercedes retro fit so no instructions lol but it certainly looks possible and the same size as what is currently in there with a slight longer base for which there is space....

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Is this something that you are getting a merc dealer to undertake or are you ordering the parts to do it yourself? I'd really appreciate any photos / update on when you have this done. I'm sure there would be a few owners of early models that would be very interested in this modification, especially if it is relatively painless.

jbean2567

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Is this something that you are getting a merc dealer to undertake or are you ordering the parts to do it yourself? I'd really appreciate any photos / update on when you have this done. I'm sure there would be a few owners of early models that would be very interested in this modification, especially if it is relatively painless.

We are going rogue....buying the parts only, we have some experience but we have a guy we are hoping to have a look and swap out but absolutely for sure will let you know

Reactions: Ian