Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar shower DIY

caMPike

Having MP ACTIVITY without water tank thinking about pressurized solar shower mounted at bike rack. First draw of set up at picture. Water inlet and valve will be at upper end, water outlet down. Tubes fit well with close bike rack. Max volume about 30l. Not sure if glue is strong enough, going to do water and pressure test tomorrow, probably will do second version with better material and maybe lower capacity in L iso U shape. It will be painted black obviously.

Attachments

• 8BF5E113-962A-4AFE-895A-4FB3FE3427BC.jpeg
    8BF5E113-962A-4AFE-895A-4FB3FE3427BC.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DD55F2CA-054B-4978-AA0A-7C3C73E554A9.jpeg
    DD55F2CA-054B-4978-AA0A-7C3C73E554A9.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 33

Gyll

Wouldn't it be marvellous if someone developed an awning with built in simple solar tube?
I have the water tank on the Marco Polo and the shower attachment and I've bought a shower tent and I'm wondering if anyone has tried putting some warm/hottish water directly into the water tank? It's only 30 litres so wouldn't take too much to take the scream out of it?

Method7

I was always a little bit baffled by the shower hose connection on the mp, firstly that there is one to start with, secondly what are you supposed to do with, thirdly how desperate must you be to stand and do it there.

It’s probably great for torturing the dog but what a palaver..the hose is like a domestic shower hose and doesn’t look very long, it hardly seems like MB were expecting anyone rinse off their furry friends or dirty walking boots with it. It seems like they genuinely expect people to take a cold shower, right there in the boot.

To answer your question @Gyll i’m sure that is possible. We have a mobi portable pressure washer that we fill with hot water, cover it with a towel and when we have finished getting dirty the water retains enough heat and is still quite pleasant.

Method7

Having MP ACTIVITY without water tank thinking about pressurized solar shower mounted at bike rack. First draw of set up at picture. Water inlet and valve will be at upper end, water outlet down. Tubes fit well with close bike rack. Max volume about 30l. Not sure if glue is strong enough, going to do water and pressure test tomorrow, probably will do second version with better material and maybe lower capacity in L iso U shape. It will be painted black obviously.
That looks crazy I hope it works!

Im sure you can get black soil pipe and it’s going to add quite a lot of weigh to your bike rack! You might want to check that if you plan on adding water and the bikes.

Gyll

Method7 I am getting 240 Watts of solar panels fitted on the roof in July. That should mean that I can use a fast induction ring for boiling water and if the slipping the warm water into the MB tank turns out to be a daft idea I would maybe try one of the gizmos you put into a bucket of hot water to pump up into a shower head.

caMPike

My first shower didn’t worked well, I have made another with lower volume around 16l from thicker pipe, tested at pressure 3,5bars and it works.
Going for 2 weeks holidays for practice test tomorrow.

Attachments

• E44B05DE-2AF8-47FE-B125-0108730498D5.jpeg
    E44B05DE-2AF8-47FE-B125-0108730498D5.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 25