Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Places to stay - North East

Dundry

I'm heading up to Durham for my nieces graduation is a few weeks. I'm planning to spend a few days either in North Yorkshire or Northumberland in the van. I plan to do some cycle rides. Does anyone have any recommendations for quiet sites with facilities, ideally with water (beach/lake/river) that they have found in these areas?

Thanks

mptripsaway

I'm heading up to Durham for my nieces graduation is a few weeks. I'm planning to spend a few days either in North Yorkshire or Northumberland in the van. I plan to do some cycle rides. Does anyone have any recommendations for quiet sites with facilities, ideally with water (beach/lake/river) that they have found in these areas?

Thanks

Proctor's Stead is a quiet site, 30 mins walk to Dunstanburgh Castle and the magnificent Embleton Bay. The facilities are a bit basic but clean and showers are hot. Jolly Fisherman in Craster is a nice pub and only 1/2 mile walk.

mptripsaway

Proctor's Stead is a quiet site, 30 mins walk to Dunstanburgh Castle and the magnificent Embleton Bay. The facilities are a bit basic but clean and showers are hot. Jolly Fisherman in Craster is a nice pub and only 1/2 mile walk.

I forgot to mention, the NCR 1 passes the campsite.

BabaJen

Just outside Craster there is a very nice hotel car park, wooded bays, that is a Britstop.

Newbiggin on sea has a few wild camping spots.

Berwick CAMC site is lovely and good position.

Durham, my spiritual home, has the city boathouse which is a CL with quite good facilities.

Dundry

thanks both, this is really helpful. I must start planning my trip. I did look at the boat club in Durham being an ex rower but family have booked me a hotel room so we can all stay together and my niece wants to take me clubbing :eek: