Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercedes Brooklands

anyideas

I am not going to name the dealer that I cancelled my original order with us I'm not sure that OK to do? I will say that it's a dealer that crops up about MP's and offering discounts ~9%.

So after cancelling that order I approached MB at Brooklands in Weybridge, they had 2 MP's to view one in the showroom and one in the exhibition area of MB World. For those that don't know the Brooklands set up is amazing with past and present MB's on display along with various exhibits from F1 to prototypes. along with on and off road test tracks, skin pan and much more.

So far the service has been great, our salesperson has admitted that the vehicle is new to them and that they're learning as we are about it. I'm OK with that I'd rather they not profess to know more than they do. We spent a while yesterday going over the configurator (while the MP isn't on the online configurator yet it is on there internal one), along with looking at the options.

You can now order the awning in Anthracite from the factory, You can order 2 additional spare keys (4 in total) at a cost of £135 both of which don't show up in the ebrochure. There is also an option to order the night pack, this appears to change some trim to black, wing mirrors to black and the pop top roof to black too. Although it doesn't change never the grill or bottom chrome trim on the rear window looking at the configurator.

So deposit paid and I'm told they receive there allocation for all vehicles today. hopefully I'll know by the end of the week for sure but they are hoping for a pre-Christmas delivery.

I'll keep this thread updated with how they are getting on.

WILLH

I have ordered the extra 2 keys also-a no brainier at £135,also the additional heat exchanger.I did not know about the night pack.A bit silly that there are 'secret' options-why do they do this?

anyideas

I'm hoping its just some teething problems with launching the vehicle into the UK, I was glad to see you could specify the darker awning as I think its suits the Cavensite blue better then the silver. You can also change the flooring colour from what MB suggest too. So you could have the light flooring with beige leather if you wanted to.

WILLH

That's interesting as there was a problem with the floor colour not changing automatically on my order when I changed the black leather to silk beige.I told the dealer I had no preference on floor colour so it will be interesting to see what it comes with.

Roy C

I am not going to name the dealer that I cancelled my original order with us I'm not sure that OK to do? I will say that it's a dealer that crops up about MP's and offering discounts ~9%.

So after cancelling that order I approached MB at Brooklands in Weybridge, they had 2 MP's to view one in the showroom and one in the exhibition area of MB World. For those that don't know the Brooklands set up is amazing with past and present MB's on display along with various exhibits from F1 to prototypes. along with on and off road test tracks, skin pan and much more.

So far the service has been great, our salesperson has admitted that the vehicle is new to them and that they're learning as we are about it. I'm OK with that I'd rather they not profess to know more than they do. We spent a while yesterday going over the configurator (while the MP isn't on the online configurator yet it is on there internal one), along with looking at the options.

You can now order the awning in Anthracite from the factory, You can order 2 additional spare keys (4 in total) at a cost of £135 both of which don't show up in the ebrochure. There is also an option to order the night pack, this appears to change some trim to black, wing mirrors to black and the pop top roof to black too. Although it doesn't change never the grill or bottom chrome trim on the rear window looking at the configurator.

So deposit paid and I'm told they receive there allocation for all vehicles today. hopefully I'll know by the end of the week for sure but they are hoping for a pre-Christmas delivery.

I'll keep this thread updated with how they are getting on.

I don't think a negative review is a problem - people put them all the time on Amazon and Trip Advisor and they are useful if written objectively, but I respect your personal decision whether to name and shame. However, wthout namimg them, what was the problem you had? Did they give you bad advice or just not respond quickly or something else? Your experiece may be a salutary warning for anyone tempted to go for the dealer on CarWow with the highest discount.

anyideas

I couple of times I asked them about the MP and thier response was to phone the product team, while I didn't have a problem with doing that I would have thought they would have done it themselves as a questions often leads to another question and they may have actually extended their knowledge of the vehicle. When I came back with a response from the product team they disputed what was said. They couldn't give me a build time nor could they tell me when they were receiving their allocation.
The original discount offered was reduced when I went to order (although they honored it after I mentioned the difference) perhaps they just didn't want to order.

Roy C

Sounds a bit like they thought for a big discount they should expend the minimum of effort. My plan is to use the CarWow discount as a means to get the best deal out of my local dealer but it's always good when negotiating to have what is called a BATNA "best alternative to a negotiated agreement", i.e. another dealer waiting in the wings. Just sounds like it shouldn't be the one you dealt with.

Thanks for posting your experience - it was useful to me and I'm sure it will be to others

Dundry

Hi, I have placed my order with the dealer who shall not be named but must be the same as the one in the threads above. This was about a month ago and so far the response has been that they can't give me a delivery date until MB allocate a MP. So, based on the above:

Does anyone know how MB allocate vehicles to dealers and what a reasonable period is to wait for confirmation?
Are some dealers given preference to others? - perhaps those who offer less discount?
Am I being sold a pup and should I cancel and go to another dealer?
I'll add that I have gone through Carwow as best deal but obviously 9% discount on nothing is nothing!

Thanks

WILLH

My dealer checked their allocation on OASIS and found a vehicle in the system for me that was still spec changeable,and changed the spec to my requirements.

anyideas

Same here second time around. They checked the system but nothing was available.
Was told they receive their allocation this week and I'd have a build date by the weekend all being well.
E-mailed me yesterday to say allocation hasn't been issued yet, but at least they are keeping me informed.

anyideas

My order was submitted to Germany today, just waiting to hear back if there is any delays on options I have picked.

It's a public holiday in Germany today so should hear tomorrow all being well.

anyideas

Dealer spoke to be yesterday to say that there are no more Marco Polo's available for 2017 build, I have been advised that my order will not be processed until January. Also said that price increase inst likely to happen until April next year.

The Sales Person I have been dealing with has requested to take additional training courses on the MP, if anyone is looking to buy I am happy to pass contact details over.

Roy C

Dealer spoke to be yesterday to say that there are no more Marco Polo's available for 2017 build, I have been advised that my order will not be processed until January. Also said that price increase inst likely to happen until April next year.

The Sales Person I have been dealing with has requested to take additional training courses on the MP, if anyone is looking to buy I am happy to pass contact details over.
So when do you think you’ll actually take delivery of your MP then?

anyideas

They haven't said anymore than a Spring delivery at the moment, I assume the build is somewhere between 8-10 weeks?

anyideas

So know I've taken delivery I thought I'd share my experiences and I have to say Mercedes Benz Brooklands have been great, they've kept me unto date with whats going on throughout the whole process and I really cannot fault them. Sure they missed installing the lesuire battery fuse but I met with their PDI Manager today who was only to keen to help resolve the problem.
All in all would I recommend them...Yes.