Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen pod ideas for Horizon

AGP

Hi there. Does anyone have any recommendations for a removable kitchen unit for a Horizon? My car is my everyday car - no kitchen needed in the week, but I would like a single unit that I could fit inside for weekends away - not in the boot. Thanks, Graham

Method7

Hmmm I’m not sure this is what you are after however we have a horizon and a dometic combicool fridge that will run on gas, 12v and 240v this fits behind the drivers seats and provides a useful table top and good storage.

It’s a good platform for eating and playing cards and whatever.. when we are not using it it goes behind the rear seats can still be powered up there but access is more difficult. When in the passenger compartment we can reach back from the front seats and grab a cold drink.

I wouldn’t fire up the stove there, we do that in or under the boot lid but only if it’s a last resort otherwise we are BBQing away from the car or finding a nice menu to choose from.

Epigram

Have a look a Slide Pods http://slidepods.co.uk/
They don’t have one specifically for MP atm but when I was considering a Horizon and spoke to them they were prepared to do one because they could see a market.

Last edited:
V

Valakho

VIP Member
Have a look a Slide Pods http://slidepods.co.uk/
They don’t have one specifically for MP atm but when I was considering a Horizon and spoke to them they were prepared to do one because they could see a market.
There’s also the Vannnesa Marco Polo kitchen pod from Germany. It has pretty much everything. That’s what some of us use in Australia. Good luck.

jaffa

Vangear in the UK do some great little pods. That is what we have just fitted in our Marco Polo Horizon

Here is a video that I did as I was so frustrated that I couldn't find anything when I was researching this:

Hope that helps!
Lee

Method7

I like that idea, not sure about the stove and sink but the pod and table with a fridge would be awesome.

If I wanted a stove and sink I wouldn’t have a horizon!

Method7

We don’t want to cook in the MP, we have a range of options for cooking but a gas/12v/240v fridge and table would be very useful in the Horizon.

We could still cook on the table if necessary.