Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello all

David Cox

I'm Dave, I have a 250 AMG coming mid April, really looking forward to it. Any advice on accessories etc would be appreciated.

Israel

I'm Dave, I have a 250 AMG coming mid April, really looking forward to it. Any advice on accessories etc would be appreciated.
Congratulations! As many say, don't buy too much now. It's better to wait and see what you really need. It depends on your way of camping and your preferences.
Said that:
- extintor (Just in case :) )
- if you want to sleep up during cold nights, I do really recommend an external roof cover (keeps the wind and humidity out, and you get few more degrees on the upper floor)
From this, depends much on what type of traveller you are.

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

Roy C

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and bought a number of things I felt I definitely needed, as follows:
- electric hookup cable and nifty case to store it in
- a converter to allow the hookup to be connected to a standard UK socket so I can charge at home
- a nice black euro converter plug for the inside euro 230v socket
- a funnel for filling the water tank
- a 907 gas bottle
- a roll of anti-slip matting from Ikea to stop everything sliding about in the cupboards and drawers and to put in between plates and bowls to stop them rattling
- a small dust pan and brush
- an awning tie-down kit
- a collapsible kettle

Not essential but I’ve also bought some levelling ramps and a two-way spirit level because I’ve booked a campsite where some of the pitches are sloping.

Also we have a dog so I’ve bought one of those towelling bags you can put them in to stop the lovely interior getting muddy plus ordered the rear shower attachment from Mercedes Germany to wash him down.

So basically I’ve gone bonkers on Amazon mostly - it’s part of the fun!

Katie

I got my mp this week and had pre bought an almost identical list of stuff as Roy.
My levellers are possibly too large but sine the tyres are 245 wide I got some levellers that are 260.
The only other essential I bought was the side tie down kit for the Thule awning plus a ridge monkey ( look at the vw California forum and you will see it is a necessity!)
Let’s see some photos when yours arrives

Roy C

One other thing that is essential for me is that although I ordered the 5th seat when we camp we take it out. This means with me, my wife and two children there is no spare seat belt socket for the dog restraint. However I did find a restraint on Amazon that fixes instead to the isofix point hence we can be legal and safe with four of us and the dog.

David Cox

I got my mp this week and had pre bought an almost identical list of stuff as Roy.
My levellers are possibly too large but sine the tyres are 245 wide I got some levellers that are 260.
The only other essential I bought was the side tie down kit for the Thule awning plus a ridge monkey ( look at the vw California forum and you will see it is a necessity!)
Thanks Katie. It arrives w/c 16th, I'll post some pics :)

Paul Mc

Hi Katie
I have a set of levellers which are too narrow for the MarcoPolo.
What make did you purchase?
Thanks
Paul Mc

I bought a lovely small soundproof steel lockable enclosure that fits in the rear compartment to keep my wife in so my dog Ted and I can have peace whilst on a journey !