Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heated Seat - Intermittent working on 2020 MP

Trevsears

Hi,
Just wanted to mention an issue I had with my MP which I bought in November 2nd hand.

The previous owners mentioned that there had been a problem with the heated seats often not working (ever since the recall to check the cables under the seats), and that this had first started in the warranty period and despite being no longer under warranty the problem had never been resolved and that the original garage (Van Mossel) was willing to fix it.

After I bought the car, I didn’t fancy the 200 km round trip to get it fixed there so I went to the nearest Mercedes dealer for the MP in Antwerp (Hedin Automotive) and left the car with them.
The next morning they called to say the car was ready so I went to pick it up and was surprised that I had to pay 540 EUR when I expected it to be fixed for free.

Unfortunately Mercedes dealerships in Belgium are shared between several separate companies and Hedin knew nothing about the agreement that Van Mossel would resolve the issue for free.

So after parting with my 540 EUR I drove away, only to find the heated seats no longer worked, after only 5 minutes.
Naturally I went straight back and they said I need to make another appointment and that it could become very expensive to find the underlying problems.
I even got a few funny jokes about it being an expensive option..:..

Needless to say, I didn’t stick around, but I made an appointment with Van Mossel in Roeselare (the original garage).
The car is now fixed, and Van Mossel did it all for nothing, and even gave me a free courtesy Mercedes for the day.

There was a problem with the cables under the seats, particularly the passenger seat. The cables had chafed on the mechanism and were intermittently shorting, and this caused the regulator control box to eventually fail.
They said it was pretty obvious to see.

Also, the previous owner said the problems only started AFTER the recall which was supposed to eliminate a potential problem with the cables under the seats.
Of course no one at Mercedes would ever admit to the recall being a potential cause of my problem, but it does seem like a possibility.

So if any of you have an issue at some point with the heated seats, bear in mind that it could be the routing of the cables under the seats.
It’s particularly important on these cars because the cables have to survive the daily turning of the seats while camping.

I’ve laid out the timeline here in case anyone is interested.
Hedinautomotive-my-experience.be

Cheers
Trevor

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
Hi,
Just wanted to mention an issue I had with my MP which I bought in November 2nd hand.

The previous owners mentioned that there had been a problem with the heated seats often not working (ever since the recall to check the cables under the seats), and that this had first started in the warranty period and despite being no longer under warranty the problem had never been resolved and that the original garage (Van Mossel) was willing to fix it.

After I bought the car, I didn’t fancy the 200 km round trip to get it fixed there so I went to the nearest Mercedes dealer for the MP in Antwerp (Hedin Automotive) and left the car with them.
The next morning they called to say the car was ready so I went to pick it up and was surprised that I had to pay 540 EUR when I expected it to be fixed for free.

Unfortunately Mercedes dealerships in Belgium are shared between several separate companies and Hedin knew nothing about the agreement that Van Mossel would resolve the issue for free.

So after parting with my 540 EUR I drove away, only to find the heated seats no longer worked, after only 5 minutes.
Naturally I went straight back and they said I need to make another appointment and that it could become very expensive to find the underlying problems.
I even got a few funny jokes about it being an expensive option..:..

Needless to say, I didn’t stick around, but I made an appointment with Van Mossel in Roeselare (the original garage).
The car is now fixed, and Van Mossel did it all for nothing, and even gave me a free courtesy Mercedes for the day.

There was a problem with the cables under the seats, particularly the passenger seat. The cables had chafed on the mechanism and were intermittently shorting, and this caused the regulator control box to eventually fail.
They said it was pretty obvious to see.

Also, the previous owner said the problems only started AFTER the recall which was supposed to eliminate a potential problem with the cables under the seats.
Of course no one at Mercedes would ever admit to the recall being a potential cause of my problem, but it does seem like a possibility.

So if any of you have an issue at some point with the heated seats, bear in mind that it could be the routing of the cables under the seats.
It’s particularly important on these cars because the cables have to survive the daily turning of the seats while camping.

I’ve laid out the timeline here in case anyone is interested.
Hedinautomotive-my-experience.be

Cheers
Trevor
Hi, I’ve got a 2021 MP, has that got heated seats ??!!! I’ve no idea

Trevsears

Hi, I’ve got a 2021 MP, has that got heated seats ??!!! I’ve no idea
Hi Marilyn,
It’s an option rather than a standard spec but I imagine that many MPs from the last few years would have that option.
If you don’t see a switch on the driver and passenger door in the arm-rest then you don’t have heated seats.
It’s a switch that cycles through 3,2,1 and off.
It shows a number of dots when switched on.
1,2 or 3 dots to show the setting.

cheers
Trevor