Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GPS Audio

KDM

Hi, I went into the systems section of the onboard computer and it shows all of the voice responses for instructions are on but I'm getting no voice directions while GPS is on. Maps look lovely, but here in Italy I have to keep my eyes on the road, not on the display. Thoughts on why I'm not getting voice directions anyone? TIA, Ken

Epigram

My wife had a “monkeys with typewriters” (intuitive learning) session with the Satnav at the weekend and managed to mute the Satnav while I was “lost” in Cardiff.
You may have the sat nav instructions muted or turned down.
Press the “Nav” button to get maps, then “Back/Return” to bring up the options along the top and bottom of the map screen.
On the list of options at the bottom of the screen around the middle there is a loudspeaker icon. If you scroll and select this you turn the audible navigation instructions on or off.
The volume of the instructions can be turned up and down when there is an instruction in progress.
Sorry if I am stating the obvious and you have already tried this.

Reactions: KDM

KDM

My wife had a “monkeys with typewriters” (intuitive learning) session with the Satnav at the weekend and managed to mute the Satnav while I was “lost” in Cardiff.
You may have the sat nav instructions muted or turned down.
Press the “Nav” button to get maps, then “Back/Return” to bring up the options along the top and bottom of the map screen.
On the list of options at the bottom of the screen around the middle there is a loudspeaker icon. If you scroll and select this you turn the audible navigation instructions on or off.
The volume of the instructions can be turned up and down when there is an instruction in progress.
Sorry if I am stating the obvious and you have already tried this.
Thanks. Giving that a go tonight. This vehicle is just too smart ;-)

KDM

Thanks. Giving that a go tonight. This vehicle is just too smart ;-)
Did just that and found that the volume icon between "Position" and "Map" is greyed out or inactive. Went into "Settings" and all the audio features are checked. Odd.

Epigram

Just to double check. When you have moved the cursor onto the loudspeaker icon, it should toggle between on and off (with a bar through it) when you press the command knob. Despite often leading you up the garden path (almost) a silent and sulking Satnav can be frustrating.

KDM

Just to double check. When you have moved the cursor onto the loudspeaker icon, it should toggle between on and off (with a bar through it) when you press the command knob. Despite often leading you up the garden path (almost) a silent and sulking Satnav can be frustrating.
It jumps over the speaker icon, will not land on it, therefore can't click on. Very odd.

Epigram

Hmm. Seems like a visit to a Mercedes dealer. Fortunately Command on line is not Marco Polo specific so they should know what’s going on. Would be interested to know the outcome. Good luck.

KDM

Hmm. Seems like a visit to a Mercedes dealer. Fortunately Command on line is not Marco Polo specific so they should know what’s going on. Would be interested to know the outcome. Good luck.
Will share once sorted out :)

Tee

Hi there. You’re doing all the things I would try, but just to check that you’ve rolled the volume dial up when a SatNav direction is being spoken (I know you can’t hear it though!). Also when a SatNav instruction is being spoken, pressing the mute button on the steering wheel to unmute it.???

You can also turn on and off through the Linguatronic function if you have it (not sure of specific command but maybe worth a google).

T.

Epigram

The odd thing is that the loudspeaker symbol is greyed out and the cursor jumps over it. Presumable you have and can contro sound on the radio and media. If so It suggests that it is truly disabled in Navigation or somehow not available and not just muted.
The Linguatronic command to turn voice output on or off is listed in the Online manual/guide as shown below.
I haven’t checked but if the sound were turned off by Linguatronic, you would expect the mute symbol to appear, i.e. loudspeaker with a bar through it, but still be able to turn the sound on or increase the volume manually. If the Navigation system prevents you from doing the software is being too clever for itself.

Tee

Hi. My speaker is greyed out and the cursor skips over it as I don’t have the voice on.

When I put a live destination into SatNav it becomes a live icon with a bar through it and you can select it and turn the voice on. You can also mute and unmute from the wheel but only when there’s a direction being spoken.

Hope this works. T.

Steve B

A personal preference but I really don't like any voice information, mine is always switched off, so I've never noticed this as a problem.

KDM

The odd thing is that the loudspeaker symbol is greyed out and the cursor jumps over it. Presumable you have and can contro sound on the radio and media. If so It suggests that it is truly disabled in Navigation or somehow not available and not just muted.
The Linguatronic command to turn voice output on or off is listed in the Online manual/guide as shown below.
I haven’t checked but if the sound were turned off by Linguatronic, you would expect the mute symbol to appear, i.e. loudspeaker with a bar through it, but still be able to turn the sound on or increase the volume manually. If the Navigation system prevents you from doing the software is being too clever for itself.

View attachment 531
Epigram, really appreciate the assistance, but I've tried it all. All other audio, phone, radio, media and Linguatronic function superbly. I took some photos of the dash and will send to my dealership. I've seen on other sites where some talk about pulling fuses (they give the numbers of the 3x fuses) and letting it sit 15-minutes with the key out of the ignition. Given I've only had the thing 2-months and it's on warranty I'm loath to go pulling fuses. I guess I'll make the somewhat inconvenient trip to the dealer--the fun begins! :)

KDM

A personal preference but I really don't like any voice information, mine is always switched off, so I've never noticed this as a problem.
Ha, here in Italy you can't afford to take your eyes off the road for a second, so audio commands not only come in handy, but safer.

KDM

Hi. My speaker is greyed out and the cursor skips over it as I don’t have the voice on.

When I put a live destination into SatNav it becomes a live icon with a bar through it and you can select it and turn the voice on. You can also mute and unmute from the wheel but only when there’s a direction being spoken.

Hope this works. T.

Alas, we've traveled to several locations with the locations plugged in to no avail.

Tee

Oh... at least you have a couple of gorgeous dogs in the van by the look of your photo. Better than voice on SatNav.

Reactions: KDM

KDM

Oh... at least you have a couple of gorgeous dogs in the van by the look of your photo. Better than voice on SatNav.
Thanks, and they love their MP. This was taken over a month ago days after we brought it home and was their first time in it. The Queen Bee, dog on the left of the photo has since claimed the rear bench as her majesty's thrown. I've been going back and forth on clipping them into the female section of the seatbelt and the fasteners that lock into the tracks. She's 70lbs, he's 105lbs and I've not yet found a weight rating in the manual--still looking through my 408 page manual I found online.

KDM

Yesterday, after spending an hour in the cockpit in the driveway I defeated the Nav System and internet connection all in one sitting, the only downside is that I'm not sure how I did it. Does it take an internet connection to activate the navigation system? Super system now that it works! ;-)

Tina Pye

Good morning everyone. Is there a way you can get the sat navigation instruction to repeat, without having to wait for her to speak again? I sometimes want to know earlier what I have to do, or be reminded what she just said, and I do not know how to activate her command. Thank you :)