Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally ordered...SO excited!!

Dan

After over a year of research and dreaming finally my MP is on order and I am beyond excited!!

I have gone for:
250d Sport
Cavansite Blue with Silk Beige leather and light yacht floor
360 camera
COMAND
Silver Awning
Both heaters

Delivery is June/July.

Thanks to everyone on here, as I found loads of useful info.

Any tips, recommendations for things to buy etc welcome!

ClaireDe

Sounds great - and will turn up just in time for summer camping.

We bought our van in June last year and then bought a whole load of stuff for it! As others on previous posts have said, you don't need to go mad and buy loads because we all use the van differently - but I found it really useful finding out what others had bought as some things I just hadn't thought of. I'm really happy with all that I've bought and use it all. The only purchase that I regret slightly are the non slip mats for the cupboards as they tend to bunch up.

Anyway I've copied below a post I made previously of some of the things I've bought and like / found useful:

25m electric hook up - and the UK adaptor (for charging at home) and the Euro adaptor (only needed it on one campsite in France). 25m was too long for the campsites we visited but I know we will need the length for some campsites. I also bought a cable tidy reel from Amazon.
Thule awning hold down straps
Brandrup Water fill in set - fill van with water on site
Non slip mats for cupboards
Safety stuff like fire extinguisher and CO detector which I already had.
(all above from the Club shop)
Also:
Shower extension and holder (from MB Germany) - quite expensive and not essential but good to wash sand off feet etc
Front mats and bike rack (from MB dealer UK)
Mattress topper for lower bed (from Zonesleep)
Screen cover and pop top cover (from Rainbow screens) - useful for privacy /keeping out the light, insulation and preventing condensation

Hope that helps
ClaireDe

Dan

This is an excellent list! My Amazon basket is full of things...my new favourite pastime is browsing for things!

I also agree that while expensive the shower extension will be really handy for sandy feet coming off the beach.

And your other post has completely convinced me about the bike rack - thanks!

WILLH

The MB rubber infills for the rear seat rails are,I would say,an essential item to stop dust and crud getting in the grooves-fairly inexpensive too

Alyson Lewis

After over a year of research and dreaming finally my MP is on order and I am beyond excited!!

I have gone for:
250d Sport
360 camera
COMAND
Silver Awning
Both heaters

Delivery is June/July.

Alyson Lewis

Hi Dan

I’m a new member my husband and I looking at all the pros and cons. We have seen a v220 will this be underpowered or not as economical as 250? The sliding door being on roadside instead of curb side - does anyone find this an issue? The heater - it says auxiliary hot-air heater - can this be activated when engine switched off?

Any help appreciated

Dan

Hi Alyson,

Obviously I don’t know for sure yet if I’ve made the right choices but I can explain my thought process and hopefully that might help...

I haven’t test driven either model but was keen to go for a bigger engine and maximise the drivability moving from a regular car to the MP - this will be my only vehicle. My current car (Merc C220d Estate) acceleration is 0-60 in 7.6sec and hp 170. The 250d does 0-60 in 9.8sec with 190hp and the 220d 12.3sec with 163hp. I am hoping the 250d will not feel overly sluggish.

I can’t imagine the door orientation being a big problem for me as I rarely pickup/drop off curbside.

The heater options are confusing and there are various pros and cons - there are some very good threads on this forum and I would recommend having a read through. The auxiliary air heater can be activated when the engine is switched off but only for 3 x 50min periods. The auxiliary night air heater can be run all night. They were formerly referred to (in original spec) as an air heater and a water heater leading to some confusion and the expectation that the shower would be heated - this is not the case.

Dan

The MB rubber infills for the rear seat rails are,I would say,an essential item to stop dust and crud getting in the grooves-fairly inexpensive too

Thanks Will - agree that sounds like a good shout. How many would you recommend getting? (I haven’t gone for the extra seat so just the two rails but thinking it might be useful to have two lengths for different positions?)

Alyson Lewis

Hi Alyson,

Obviously I don’t know for sure yet if I’ve made the right choices but I can explain my thought process and hopefully that might help...

I haven’t test driven either model but was keen to go for a bigger engine and maximise the drivability moving from a regular car to the MP - this will be my only vehicle. My current car (Merc C220d Estate) acceleration is 0-60 in 7.6sec and hp 170. The 250d does 0-60 in 9.8sec with 190hp and the 220d 12.3sec with 163hp. I am hoping the 250d will not feel overly sluggish.

I can’t imagine the door orientation being a big problem for me as I rarely pickup/drop off curbside.

The heater options are confusing and there are various pros and cons - there are some very good threads on this forum and I would recommend having a read through. The auxiliary air heater can be activated when the engine is switched off but only for 3 x 50min periods. The auxiliary night air heater can be run all night. They were formerly referred to (in original spec) as an air heater and a water heater leading to some confusion and the expectation that the shower would be heated - this is not the case.
Thanks Will - agree that sounds like a good shout. How many would you recommend getting? (I haven’t gone for the extra seat so just the two rails but thinking it might be useful to have two lengths for different positions?)

Thank you Dan it does say it’s got the hot water heater as well as the hot air heater. Does that mean it’s the old term for a night heater? It’s very confusing! My husband also wants to use this as his main car so we may hold out for a 250.

Dan

It is very confusing!! Certainly it seems to be one of the most misunderstood extras for early purchasers. There are lots of good threads on here though so would really recommend having a read. And if the MP you’re looking at has both then you’re covered either way!!

ClaireDe

Yes completely agree with this - forgot to put on my list because we bought those a few months after having the van. We used 3 strips in our van - cut strategically so we could take out part of the strips to move the seats forward, leaving the remainder in place at the end of the bed/seats. We also put some in the back of the van - cut to fit up to where the seats stop.

Atomic84

I have gone for:
250d Sport
360 camera
COMAND
Silver Awning
Both heaters

Delivery is June/July.

Hi Dan,

Can I ask which dealer you used and what sort of discount you managed?

Thanks

Dan

I ordered through Drive the Deal and got about 10% off RRP. Delivery date has moved up to late May so not very long at all now!!!

Method7

We have a 220 and cannot fault the performance... of course we would all like more power and if I had more options when we purchased ours I may well have chosen the 250. After living with the 220 for three months and several long trips I’m not regretting our decision.

When driving the MP I just want to sit there and glide along comfortably, it’s a big vehicle, it’s never going to be anything more regardless of the bhp. Im sure whatever engine choice you make you won’t really care, it’s not like they have a badge on the back, we could all be driving a 250.

+1 for the 220 here. Also got a c class 250 at home.

The mp is not a machine for nailing it - especially if full of water and gear and taking a route with lots of corners and de+acceleration. We’ve done southern Spain and southern France and back fully loaded with no problem whatsoever. On the heater front, we took ours from stock and were planning to retrofit, but turns out so far most of our camping trips have us electric hook up readily available and have gotten by using a small electric heater which has done the trick.

HTH?

Epigram

Yes completely agree with this - forgot to put on my list because we bought those a few months after having the van. We used 3 strips in our van - cut strategically so we could take out part of the strips to move the seats forward, leaving the remainder in place at the end of the bed/seats. We also put some in the back of the van - cut to fit up to where the seats stop.
I posted somewhere else but in view of the price it’s worth posting again.
The rubber strips are fragile; if you push the rear seat into them the top can separate from the bottom. This can also happen if you try to pull them out from the top. Expensive mistakes!
Bearing in mind the postage it would be a good idea if the shop held stocks.
BTW I saw a vacuum attachment on an unsolicited advert for sucking dust out of crevices. It’s Sod’s law, not seen it since, now that I can see a use for it. If it crops up I will post.