Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EuroTunnel

Jamietyerman

Hi
Im planning of going on the Eurotunnel in July and wanted to know if anyone had done it? Does the marco polo class as a van or motorhome ??
Thanks

Last edited:

BabaJen

Hi
Im planning of going on the Eurotunnel in July and wanted to know if anyone had done it? Does the marco polo class as a van or motorhome ??
Thanks

I could publish a book on whether it is a van or a MH from the comments on the VW forum :)

Some who own a beach delight in classing it as a van or MPV and if so it goes cheaper than a MH. Apparently, never tried it myself.

Personally I would not want to risk travelling as anything not stated on my V5 so register as a camper, which when I put in my registration number so ET recognises as a camper.

Yes, you might save £20 as something cheaper, you may also find yourself paying current price ticket if ET cares to differ and paying £200 more.

I have always bought a frequent tunneller package anyway, 10 single trips to be used in a year at something quite ridiculously cheaper than most short notice return trips with a lot of flexibility added into it.

Otherwise, a nice trip, especially if you have dogs as you travel with them, not leave them alone for the crossing.

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi, on my V5, my Marco Polo is classed as a diesel car !! I think this is because the base vehicle (before conversion) is classed as a car originally (V Class). May be worth checking what is on your V5 document. I don't know if this helps or not, but enjoy the continent. KR Andy B

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Ian

I’ve been on two return trips and both times had no trouble at all when I’ve booked as a large car.

I booked on their website, input the reg and said it was a camper van, this detail was rejected and only when I selected large car was the booking accepted, happy days a good deal cheaper

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
I booked on their website, input the reg and said it was a camper van, this detail was rejected and only when I selected large car was the booking accepted, happy days a good deal cheaper
Interesting !! I note my V5 states that my MP is a diesel car and not a campervan. Might be worth checking what your V5 says. I think it is classed as a car, as the base vehicle is a V Class, which Mercedes Benz refer to as a car and not a van !

staratio

We required more height than the maximum for a car, so paid as a van, which I believe costs about the same as a small camper, or so I remember. Thus you will travel in the single deck carriage, rather than the double used for cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk