Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Disabling motion sensor on alarm

GeorgeG

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that it’s not necessary to switch off the motion sensor on the overhead console when the roof is raised as raising the pop top automatically disables it anyway. Is this my imagination playing tricks or is this correct?

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi GeorgeG,

I remember reading the same thing. I think it was in the Marco Polo supplement manual. Hope this helps. KR - Andy B.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GeorgeG

Hi GeorgeG,

I remember reading the same thing. I think it was in the Marco Polo supplement manual. Hope this helps. KR - Andy B.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Had another look at the supplementary MP handbook you referenced (I was foolishly looking in the main handbook). Rather confusingly it says that when the roof is raised or the warm air heater is on, the motion sensor is disabled, but goes on to say that for the UK you have to manually disable it every time you lock the vehicle!?? I’ve no idea why it should be different.
I’m in my fourth week away in the MP and most of the time I forget to disable the alarm at bedtime and so far it hasn’t gone off, despite a lot of tossing and turning in the night!

Paul Mc

Had another look at the supplementary MP handbook you referenced (I was foolishly looking in the main handbook). Rather confusingly it says that when the roof is raised or the warm air heater is on, the motion sensor is disabled, but goes on to say that for the UK you have to manually disable it every time you lock the vehicle!?? I’ve no idea why it should be different.
I’m in my fourth week away in the MP and most of the time I forget to disable the alarm at bedtime and so far it hasn’t gone off, despite a lot of tossing and turning in the night!
I think the motion sensor is only set when the van is locked from the outside.
Presumably you are locking your doors for the night using the door lock inside the drivers door?
If you lock your doors from the inside with the key fob, your alarm will go off if someone moves around.
The red flashing LED near the SOS button will be on if the vehicle’s alarm ( and motion sensor) has been set.