Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best tips for dealing with mosquitoes?

coultonshaw

I haven't experienced summer yet in our marcopolo, but I am considering how others deal with mosquitoes at night when the weather is hot - especially near lakes/rivers.

I have 2 ideas:

1. buying magnetic nets to put across the windows and a big net for the sliding door?
2. using my ecoflow river 2 to power a small fan at night to decrease co2 in the van & also plug in an electric mosquito catcher

Does anyone have any thoughts to add on this?

J

j200george

VIP Member
Just back from one of the most beautiful campsites I’ve ever visited. Glenmore by Aviemore in Scotland.

it would be absolutely perfect but the dreaded Scottish Midge blighted our visit restricting us in terms of eating outside.

I’d be interested in mosquito nets for doors and windows but the midge is far smaller than a mosquito.

citronella candles proved ineffective and a liberal dousing of smidge helped a bit.

I had our boy dog sitting outside the van hooked onto a ground screw but even he, a long haired wheaten terrier was getting driven mad with the wee barstewards.

Advice on any electronic gadgets or specific netting would be most welcome.

such a shame, lochside, hills with snow on (yes in June and 27degrees) forest walkers on site bar all but perfect however be warned in summer months …. Bitey mcbiteface makes himself an unwelcome guest at the party.