Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best Place to buy?

Ive been a van owner for most of my adult life and as all my previous vans had been VW I though I go buy the California....then I discovered the Marco Polo. Im going to the local MB dealership to have a look at a MP on Wednesday 5th Dec. and have already been given a quote for the spec Im after. I did have a look at a couple of Californias with differing spec and was a bit underwhelmed given the eye watering price I was given, which was 2K more than the comparable MP.

My question is; is it worth shopping around MB UK dealers? is there worthwhile discounts to be had? I would be interested to know as I would like to get my order in in the next couple of weeks.

Any advice people can offer based on experience will be greatly received.

Roy C

I got a discount of around 7% through CarWow but I'm not sure if the MP is listed there any more - there is a separate thread discussing this. Others got similar or better discounts from certain MB dealers and some got pre-registered vehicles at effectively higher discounts. My intent was to use the CarWow discount to get the same deal direct from a dealer but I just went through CarWow at the end. This was in March so not sure what discounts more recent purchasers are getting.

incidentally, I will be doing most of my travelling in the UK solo on photography expeditions. I wont be towing or have a huge load so is there any advantage of having the 250d over the 220d

GeorgeG

incidentally, I will be doing most of my travelling in the UK solo on photography expeditions. I wont be towing or have a huge load so is there any advantage of having the 250d over the 220d

I bought a pre-reg V220d Sport in the summer. I also test drove a 250d (before the V220) to compare the real world power delivery of the two. I came to the conclusion that the V220 was perfectly adequate, especially as I would only have two mountain bikes on a rear carrier. I’m sure another consideration may have been the 20% discount on a V220 with delivery mileage and both heaters (quite rare on pre-reg), Command, metallic paint!

Regarding the power of the V220, I have previously owned a California with the top of the range 174hp tiptronic (the old 5 cylinder engine) and the V220 with 163hp seems a lot more lively.

My advice would be to definitely look out for a pre-reg if you’re flexible on spec. In my case, I didn’t particularly want blue and I definitely wanted the 360° camera. I now really like the Cavansite blue, particularly with the silk beige interior. I regret not having the 360° camera, but having the hot air heater totally out weighed that option, however good it is, as the heater is a must in my opinion, particularly as we tend to spend a lot of time off-grid.

On the question of value for money, like you I considered going back to the California, but the price on new and nearly new have got a bit silly. Having owned both now, I consider the MP a better quality camper overall, although it could do with a second leisure battery.

Merc Whitefield Mcr are exceptional and provided me with a beautiful 250 AMG- ask for Amila the very best of staff you could expect !