Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary battery location

sworks

Hi! My MP auxiliary battery warning is on dashboard. Please remember to me, where auxiliary battery located? Under right front seat?
There on left and right is same battery. Thanks!

Last edited:

Graham K

The habitation battery (fridge, camper area interior lights etc) which the MP manual refers to as 'additional battery' is under the passenger seat on UK vehicles (which is the driver's seat for the rest of Europe). So, viewed from the front, outside looking at the vehicle Habitation is right, Starter is left.

You mention 'auxiliary' battery warning on dashboard - my experience is only with pre 2020 MP without latest MBUX, but my vehicle habitation battery status is only shown on camper console (raise / lower roof etc) and not main vehicle dash. Check that this message doesn't refer to the small additional battery used for the Eco Stop / Start function . This is behind the main Starter battery and accessed from back / top of seat base behind plastic covers. I have seen this referred to as 'auxiliary' on other Mercedes vehicles that I have owned.

I hope this helps? Post pick of message if I have confused.

sworks

Thanks, Graham! Yes, I understood that camper battery is on left and car (start) battery is on right (if you sit on the car).
I have warning Auxiliary and I understood, its righ side car battery. This small thing on right side , on behind start battery, is some regulator. On normal V class its additional small battery named auxiliary.
On my C class Mercedes there auxiliary battery is this small box under dash.
I ask, because our country Mercedes distributor not understand MP systems and they are completely out.

Graham K

Sorry for delay getting back. I took a look at my MP and if I remove the cover behind the right seat I see the relay you describe, and behind that I am pretty sure is the aux battery. I did a little digging on line (as I am sure you have too) and found this video

What I see looking through the rear of the seat base is the same as the video - which I think confirms the location of the battery. When I slide the seat fully forward there is still more seat frame covering the aperture that is used to access and remove / replace the battery on a standard V class. I guess that frame is for the rotating captain's seat and perhaps means that the seat must be removed in the MP?!

The battery is small, though, and the rear opening may provide enough space to rotate the battery and disconnect? I had to replace the additional (habitation) battery and was surprised this could easily be pulled out from the seat base while still connected...perhaps this will be a similar situation with the aux?

There obviously have to be design compromises with the integration of the MP functions (like being able to rotate the seats) and maybe this is one of them.

I hope this helps?